Next Thread
Print Thread
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
2000 SVT, electric seats. The right hand side of the seat is a little loose, and is a little unnerving when braking/accelerating hard. What would be the best way to tighten this up to eliminate the sliding?

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
What do you mean by loose? Is it like one of the bolts is out of the mounting points on the floor? Is it like the seat mechanism is broken?

98 Silver Frost SVT 97 BMW 540I Sport, six speed "Blue is for sky, black is for soil, and white is for simplicity, purity and hope for the future" "A coveted car should never stunt your life, but should make it more rich and interesting."
I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
if you still have warranty, take it in. should be covered on the 36/36 factory warranty.

if not, I'd consider replacing seat and brackets with a performance seat, there's lots of them around in different price ranges. you'd get better support and drop a little weight off the car. Some Mondeo models in Europe come with Recaro seats. It'd be nice to get a set of those, or the recaros they're using in the Focus.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
W
weargle Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Phil Rohtla:
What do you mean by loose? Is it like one of the bolts is out of the mounting points on the floor? Is it like the seat mechanism is broken?

No, it's like the sliding mechanism on the right hand side allows a little (0.5 in) travel. But when you're decelerating, it takes a while to "hit" the end of the travel and feels a lot worse than it is.

Whirling dervish of FFOG.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
mine used to do that, I got new seats, the motor meachanism was broken. . .the Ford dealership made me feel fat, said they'd never seen that. . .whatever, their quality build sucks. . .I got recaro's instead, lightened the car by about 50lbs, and comfort is second to none. . .cost is obscene, but it pays itself off since Ford quoted me nearly $800 to do the "fix up". . .if covered by warranty, then have them fix it . . . .because it'll be rewarranted for another year from them. . .check out my profile for pics.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by ssmumich00:
check out my profile for pics.

My seat does that too, sometimes worse than others. I haven't bothered to try to fix it, I readjust the seat position 3-4 times a day anyway (150 mile round trip commute).

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
My seat just started doing that. It even makes an annoying creaking sound, now, when I accelerate.

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Uh, just a warning.

My seat started doing that - squeaking, jiggling over lumps in the road. I put up with it for a while.....

until the mount point snapped and i nearly ended up horizontal when i gave it some gas at a traffic light.

Took it to ford, demanded a next day replacement (which they did) under warranty.

So: Check the mounts - they may have a stress fracture.

2005 BA2 "Velocity Blue" Falcon XR6 Turbo http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/xr6turbo3.html
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
There ought to be a recall on such a safety related item.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard