Print Thread
#615686 04/27/03 02:08 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Hey guys,
As you may or may not remember, I posted a couple weeks ago for advice for my Dad who was looking for a new car (this thread). He was thinking about an eclipse convertable or a PT turbo, which would have been ok, but I didn't really like either that much.

He made his decision today and drove this home! (For a better deal than what is listed there, too.)

I don't know how long the cars.com link to it will work, if you can't see it, it is a 2001 TT roadster with 9,000 (link still says 7,500) miles. Slate gray and 225hp quattro 6spd, of course .

He told me he was looking at one earlier this week, but it was a 180hp FWD model. Really, if you want a serious two-seater sports car/convertable, don't get a FWD model. Might as well have a Tibouron at that point... So I did some looking on cars.com and found this one for him, which I think is a much better choice, and it doesn't even have that awful baseball stitch interior.

Just thought I'd share.. wouldn't be the right car for me. I prefer something with a roof, four doors and american (or at least close to american, like a mazda 6), but I'm sure it'll work for him. But I won't mind driving it next time I'm in to visit
-CtrAltDel

'00 SVT Contour Silver Frost/Midnight Blue #794/2150 12/8/99
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Sweet choice... fun car, unbeatable interior... great to sport around in...

99 T-Red SVT ***Intrax, Bilsteins, Azenis, Offroad Y, CAI, Tint, Magnaflow Exhaust, Custom Grilles, Poly Mounts, Silverstar Bulbs, 100W Ion Fogs, Focus SVT Wheels, SHO UDP, Ford Racing Wires ***
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Now see I pretty much DO consider the Mazda 6 to be American since Ford owns it and chances are they're BUILT in the states. Those are my 2 main criteria for determining whether or not something is 'American'.

EDIT: BTW, saw my first one up close for the first time Friday, parked in a lot. BEAUTIFUL silver with leather. The pictures on the internet just DON'T do it any justice.
I MAY just have to go test drive one soon...

-Brian 2002 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 ATX - British Racing Green (two-tone) - 44,000+ miles Former owner of a black '99 SE Sport Duratec ATX - 107,000+ miles
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I would have chosen a Boxster instead of the TT, but I'm a bit biased..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:

How so?

Both are good cars and for two seat *FUN* the Boxster get the nod. But if I had to drive a two-seater everyday, the TT would be my choice. And the design...

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Originally posted by Officer Cartman:

How so?

Both are good cars and for two seat *FUN* the Boxster get the nod. But if I had to drive a two-seater everyday, the TT would be my choice. And the design...

that is because he owns a boxster.....

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760

Link Copied to Clipboard