Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I been tryin to figure this out for a lil while now. Theres got to be a clip or something somewhere that releases it. Somebody help me out please!

I know the answer's gonna slap me.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
You have to pull up on the corner with a good amount of force. Some say its hard on theirs but for others like me it was easy. Once the get the front up push the cushion towards he trunk and then up and out.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Be careful when reefing on it. Try not to break the white lips that the metal bars on the bottom of the seat go into and be careful that you don't tear the foam around the bars

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
I
CEG'er
CEG'er
I
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
You have to pull up on the corner with a good amount of force.

do you mean the front corner or the back?

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Originally posted by importhunter_SVT:
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
You have to pull up on the corner with a good amount of force.

do you mean the front corner or the back?

front.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Of the three times I've removed the rear seat in my car, I've never been able to get it out without breaking both white clips. Doesn't matter how careful I am...

The last time, I even dremeled some parts out of the clip to make it easier to pop out, but they broke anyway.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
S
S
The last time I removed my rear seat I found that it's easier if you sit over the clip area, one leg out the door on the ground the other inside, scoot the seat forward with your behind then pull up on the seat (do the same for the other side). The seat came up with minimal force. Good luck! - Joe

2000 SVT Contour 2002 Altima SE 2002 Ranger Edge
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
I have had my rear seat out numerous times and every time I have pulled it from the back edge. I just lift the back until the front pops out of the clips. Haven't had any problems with this method so far.

Tom 98 LX (Zetec/ATX)
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
What works best for me is to park my car in the middle of an open space with at least 10-15' of room on either side. I then open both rear doors as far as they can go and get a good running start from the passenger side of the vehicle. With a little practice and some flexibility, you should be able to enter and exit the vehicle with only one jump. Then you just gotta grab the seat on your way through.

'95 'stiqueLS 2.5L ATX S&B / CTA intake KEM Mag-Plus wires 1/4" TH fix Homemade heat shield Xenon bulbs Fog light rewire ATX cooler Flowmaster 942042 Blacked-out pseudo-chrome
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
Of the three times I've removed the rear seat in my car, I've never been able to get it out without breaking both white clips. Doesn't matter how careful I am...

The last time, I even dremeled some parts out of the clip to make it easier to pop out, but they broke anyway.

-Lance

I always keep a bag of the white clips spare, I have never broken the nearside clip but always break the offside

Mondeo (UK Model) GhiaX 2.5 v6 DMD 2003 Version GhiaX 2000 Spec Semi Automatic Climate Control Power Folding Mirrors, Japan Stylie Ford OEM RSAP Latest Sump Revision
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard