Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Can anyone give me a phone number to reach the guys at Fordchip.com?

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I don't think they list a phone number anywhere - you just have to email them and wait. When I first emailed it took a bit over a week to get a response, buy as soon as they figured out I really planned to buy something I got next day responses.

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
thanks Scott, yes got an email today. HOw did your chip
work out?

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
The chip is fine - I didn't clean the contacts well enough on the first install, but once I got them cleaned it worked good. I haven't dyno'd so I don't know what kind of power I got, but the car runs great and feels like it probably gained a few HP.

Since every chip is more or less custom programmed, make sure you tell them exactly what you want changed. Like for timing - if you plan on running 93 octane all the time tell them you want timing set for 93 all the time. I'm not sure if they do this for all there chips, but mine has the emmisions monitors (Egr, cat efficiency, O2) tests disabled - they may have just done it since I mentioned I had my precats gutted.

And don't be surpised when you get the chip - it will be a small box with a chip inside and nothing else: no invoice, no instructions, no note saying "here's your chip, we changed blah...". I figure since these guys are the best Ford tuners out there I can let the little things slide

97 Contour SE MTX K&N 3530, UR UDP, 19# Injectors, mystery mod, FMS wires, Fordchip.com chip, SVT: TB, Flywheel, clutch, exhaust 04 Grand Caravan SXT
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
My brother's takin his 3.0 up to them in Detroit to get dyno tuned...gotta get the EGR programming taken out and get the A/F tuned...right now, it's running super rich. We'll report back on results!

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by 21psi2300:
My brother's takin his 3.0 up to them in Detroit to get dyno tuned...gotta get the EGR programming taken out and get the A/F tuned...right now, it's running super rich. We'll report back on results!

We should have a meet up there, I know I'll need custom tuning

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard