Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
hey man, i just want to make sure this al goes well, ive built cars that pull the front tires off the ground, but this is the first time i have ever spun a bearing, kind of why i went ahead and pulled my motor out, just to make sure there was nothing else to go wrong. did you check your main bearings, mine were fine, but this pattern seems strang, mine from front to back, yours from back to front, must have something to do with oil starvation like you mentioned in you previous post. good luck with the rest of the work!

98 SVT, silver frost, with blue graphics.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Well there they are, they don't look that bad in the pic....but they are in person! The last one was fairly bad too, so 4 outta 6. I haven't checked the mains yet, mainly because Terry Haines said he's never seen a duratec with bad mains IIRC. I didn't want to have to replace the main bolts too in that case (since they are TTY bolts too). The crank is in great shape and checked out with the razor test.

I think I'm totally sold on an accusump now! I was planning on getting it before, but this makes me feel better about spending the $325 or whatever.

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
how funny, yours look better then mine did...lol im glad it wasnt any worse, i would gust give the mains a tug and pull, youll be able to tell if there bad if theres to much play in them. by the way, was it as easy as just droppin the exaust and pulling the pan? oh, and lets really try to get thsi meet thing done!

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It's been cake once I got all the right tools together (too many have grown legs and walked off in the last year). I'll take a pic of the room you have to play with after the pan and y-pipe are off, it's been easy so far and the "hard" part is over. The only down side is that my pass. side cv joints have both gone bad and made a huge mess so it's not fun to get a gob of goopy grease smudge across the ol' fore arm

[Semi-rant] Phantom motorsports sucks baboon ass! I've been finding more, and more they f%#*ed up on my car or just didn't do. Too many small things, but no wonder my car was a bit rattley! OMFG, it kills me to know I paid those.......guys...to actually work on my car! I bet a highschool shop project would've been a better idea over letting them TOUCH my car! [/Semi-rant]

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
lol....what is it with you and monkey parts?????

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
oh yeah, are we really goin to try and make this meet happen this weekend, where are the rest of us at anyway???

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
How much worse were your bearings Dave? How bad do you think my bearings look in the pic? I tried to get better pics, but couldn't get any that show how bad the very front and the read 3 bearings actually are. I checked the crank very well and found nothing bad at all. Considering that the bearings show a lot of damage, I'm just glad the crank is in still good shape.

I'll check for play in the crank to see if the mains are still good tomorrow, thanks for the tip!

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
lets just way, id replace mine with yours, there were pretty much gone, maybe another day or 2 and it would have gotton my crank, ill take some pics and show you, when i go back to the shop, either tomarrow or the next day, when ever my shifter cables show up.
P.S. i think we have definatly found the slowest way to communicate...lol

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ha! PM sent

S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Well after hearing from Bnoon about what he thought of my bearings, it COULD be my mains.........but since I'm so close to my swap he said to just get a DMD and baby it until I get ready to swap. I COULD do the mains while 'in-car'......but there are a grip of TTY bolts that'd have to be replaced too .

So hopefully fresh rod bearings, oil change, a switch to ATF+3, and a new passanger side axel will do the trick. If not, the gutted pre-cats will drone it out

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard