Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Hey everybody,
I got my car back from the dealership last week with a rebuilt trans and new clutch. 3rd no longer grinds( ), and the clutch feels noticeably sharper, the wheels will now light up cleanly if I drop it at 3000RPM without any grinding or shudder.
But lifting my foot on or off the throttle quickly will induce some bucking through the drivetrain, and I am wondering if this is due to a dirty throttle body (or IAC) sticking at it opens or closes. The engine seems to run fine but exhibits the classic "moosing" noise when the A/C is on, and RPMS will occasionally drop and she will stall.
Secondaries are definitely working.

64,000, and it does need a UIM/LIM cleaning along with the throttle body and IAC replacement.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Check the motor mounts and roll restricters. Old ones could easily have been damaged when removing engine. Drivetrain slack including the C/V joints possible.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
I'm having the same problem but it is when i'm driving for 30min. it does it in 5th gear and i can be heavy on the pedal and it will still buck. I have asked for help before and no one answered me if you could help it would be nice.

2000 svt black quaife diff indigo gages koni 5 way adj. struts. intraxx 2" lowering springs 18" ASA 5 star(powder coated white) with yokahama parada spec 2 injen intake fidenza flywheel 65mm thro. body ur underdrive pully
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Well I doubt the motor mounts beacuse I don't notice this problem under a hard launch or fast cornering, etc, only when stabbing the throttle real quickly. I guess I was wondering if anyone knew if dirty TB or iac valve could cause this kind of symptom.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard