Next Thread
Print Thread
R
rylee44 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
For Everyone That Didn't Know: Did you know, the using an open element filter can cause your MAF to make the car run lean?

Wanna know why? The oil from the air filter (after you clean the filter, you put oil on it) cakes onto the MAF sensor wire which makes it read incorrectly causing a lean condition... That's BAD!

Solution: Clean the MAF sensor with ELECTRICAL CONTACT CLEANER, but DO NOT TOUCH THE WIRE (Sensor)...

I don't know how often you should do this, I'd imagine, about 1k miles after you re-oil your filter...

I read this from an article, and thought i'd share with some people...

1998 Contour SVT Dual-Honed UIM, 170k miles & 2000 Cougar MTX with: 99 SVT Engine, CA-KKM Intake, T.E.H. and polished UIM, High-Flow Cat, Quaife, Pro Flow 75mm, Superchip, TruBendz dual Borla, WR-SS Headers, Fidanza, Grizzly Street, Roush & KYB...
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
don't over oil it, if it drips, start over, everybody knows that, open air elements aren't the cause of this disaster, it's stupidity. . .

R
rylee44 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
I'm not talking about soaking it wet with oil... But the oil on the filter migrates to the hot wire in the MAF and causes a lean shift.

1998 Contour SVT Dual-Honed UIM, 170k miles & 2000 Cougar MTX with: 99 SVT Engine, CA-KKM Intake, T.E.H. and polished UIM, High-Flow Cat, Quaife, Pro Flow 75mm, Superchip, TruBendz dual Borla, WR-SS Headers, Fidanza, Grizzly Street, Roush & KYB...

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard