Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
X
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
X
Got into a little accident and me only having liability, i havve to fix it. The licence plate holder on the front (95 mystique) is pretty busted, does anyone know a part number or where i should go to get one. Also the airbags went off, i already ordered some replacement airbags, but i have no idea where the sensors are or what i have to do to replace the sensors or anything. Any help here would be much appreciated.

1995 Mercury Mystique GS V6 MTX Pioneer 6x8s in front, Pioneer 10's in back 1200 watts powering it all KKM intake SVT Exhaust Swapped out resonator for Glasspack Mobil 1 Brand New!! Giant scratch on front bumper and right side!! Yes!!!
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by XTheTigerX:
The licence plate holder on the front (95 mystique) is pretty busted, does anyone know a part number or where i should go to get one.

Just get a plate holder at a dealership. I don't know the part #, but they looked it up for me, and I'm sure they'd extend the same service to you. It costs something like $16 and change.

'98 T-Red SVT #4290
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Ummm did you buy brand new air bags? You should look for used bags and the computer for them. I've replaced bags before and all I did was get a used bag and computer. I installed them and have had no problems ever since. I also had to go through salvage inspection so my car was wayyyy more damaged then yours. You shouldn't have to replace the sensors on the front of the car.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
X
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
X
thats what i did i bought used bags, but now when im driving around the airbag light flashes 3 times than stops for a little then 3 more times and it keeps going like that. Once i put in the new bags will this fix it? Also, i got the bags from ebay, will they likely have the computer or if not where should i look for one. Thanks!

These are the bags i bought http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33719&item=2407580124&rd=1

Also, i dont think the airbags i bought include the passenger side dash piece that covered that airbag, and mine got bent bad when the airbags deployed, it stayed on in back and it looks like it was supposed to come off, does anyone know what this is called or about how much i can get it for?

1995 Mercury Mystique GS V6 MTX Pioneer 6x8s in front, Pioneer 10's in back 1200 watts powering it all KKM intake SVT Exhaust Swapped out resonator for Glasspack Mobil 1 Brand New!! Giant scratch on front bumper and right side!! Yes!!!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
So you haven't puit the used bags in yet? If so you'll have to get new control units or used ones. If the Airbags work like my honda did when you get in an accident the computer gets a code error etc that tells it an accident occurred and you can't clear it. So you have to get a new controller for the bags. Check on that to make sure but I'm almost 100% sure you'll have to replace the controller. I think the panel will be on the passenger side bag.

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard