Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MBR2003 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Finally got around to removing the door strips this weekend. Man what a PITA, my fingers still hurt. I love the look though. Got her all cleaned up and everything afterwards. I got lucky, no racing stripes or repaints. (I am not the original owner). I just used the first stage of Meguiars 3 stage wax to remove the residue, it worked great. Unfortunately I forgot the digitial camera. Hopefully I can get some pics this weekend if the weather stays nice.

Good to see you guys this past friday, that was one hell of a b-ball game

-Matt

LTJG Matthew Roy, USNR, FLY NAVY! 1999 SVT Contour Black/Midnight Blue # 1505 of 2760
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Good move!

The late model door dings are tacky and useless! I wrapped an old soft t-shirt around my thumb. Saves your skin!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Andy and I did ours at my old old old place. Andy thought up the idea of putting your finger in an old shirt and rubbing it downwards at about a 45 degree angle. It worked really well and no blisters on the fingers. Like any of this helps you out now though.

Married the gal of my dreams 04.27.02 Now a Troll 2003 Subaru Legacy L Wagon. Two people I hold close to my heart have passed from this earth. My Grandmother Mary Gorman and my good friend John Son. May they rest in peace.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard