Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I own a Sony head unit as well as a sony EQ which is on DIN in size. Now on my 1998 SVT Contour there is a place on the lower console that looks as though it would hold this EQ, but the computer is behind it. Has anyone had any luck at moving the computer and installing a unit in this location?

Thanks,
Tim K. tim@keebortz.com

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Like this?

Mine

or

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
It would have look like the second picture because he has 98+ console in his SVT. If you want to install like the first pic, swap in a pre-98 console. But since your EQ is one DIN, it would look really really really odd right there. I would suggest swapping in a pre-98 console, either from a junkyard or from another CEGer.

However, your info is a little off. That big ol' thing right behind/below the radio in your SVT and in all our cars is the HVAC, not computer. It's a big guy that goes from right behind that console to the firewall. The computer can be seen if you lie on your back in the passenger footwell and look up; it's behind and beside the passenger airbag-it's a little silver box.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I thin he may b refering to the blue box seen in my pic here. it is normaly mounted against the back of the center console but i had to move to put my dvd player in.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
not positive but i think the blue box is the p.a.t.s module

EO 98 CSVT, black, gunmetal exel 18s, H&R springs ,custom grilles, 35% tint,Hightower headlights,resonator removed,Magnaflow installed,FMS 9mm wires,K&N,Redline MTL 2000 Impala silver 2 inch drop 17 inch Exels
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
The blue box is the airbag controller. Personally I wouldn't screw with it.

Tom 98 LX (Zetec/ATX)
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
I thought that was on the floor behind the shifter? There's a little silver box that says something like "Active Safety System Management Module", IIRC.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the info! I think I'm just going to sell the 1 DIN EQ and go with a trunk mounted EQ. Anyone interested in a Sony EQ? LOL

Thanks,
Tim K.

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard