Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Hey everyone I was wondering if any other CEG'er had E Z care warranty on their cars? I bought my car at 40k used and got the 3yr/36k miles warranty on it through e z care(from what ive been told is a after market warranty company that ford owns). I recently blew my transmission.... took me about a month or close to it to finally get it into ford for service, the said they were "backed up" with trans work. I take it in there and they tell me once they have torn it apart the warranty people are gonna send out an inspector to check out the car because thats what they supposidly do when the parts are over a certain amount. The guy came and said that there were signs of abuse.... so he left without saying weather or not they will cover it because they wanted to talk to me and go over a report after that. I told them in the report that i was driving the car home and it started stutering kind of and then kept slipping gears. I tried to drive it home but it finally gave out on me and completely wouldnt move about a mile away from my house. They said they would go over the report and give the service advisor a call within an hour or two weather or not to fix it through warranty or not, and that was on thursday, and todays sunday I still havent heard from them. My question is if they try sticking me with having to buy a new transmission is there any way i could fight it? what can i do in a situation like this, especially if they say no and wont cover the trans. Im still making payments on the car and its only been my second year, i got three left.... my dad said screw it if they dont fix it his credits already messed up its under his name just leave the car at ford let them deal with it... he doesnt care no more we both have had our dealz with experiences with ford service... which im sorry to say so far has been really [censored]. Any ways any one have any suggestions for me? anything that would help i really do appreciate. Oh yeah the car right now is at about 73 k sumthing... still under warranty for the next two thousand sumthing miles. plzzzz

Thanks,
Nomi

R.I.P 99 t-red CSVT VCN-1000 nitrous kit custom exhaust eibach lowering springs 7" wide screen in dash PS2 in glove box Sony LCD radio 3 10" MTX thunder 6k's custom interior painting N.S.K~~~~NOMI
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
well.... they did say no

R.I.P 99 t-red CSVT VCN-1000 nitrous kit custom exhaust eibach lowering springs 7" wide screen in dash PS2 in glove box Sony LCD radio 3 10" MTX thunder 6k's custom interior painting N.S.K~~~~NOMI
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
i know what you mean, i bought the same warranty with my car. the dealership told me it was the same as a factory warranty with the exception of a $50 deductible. i took my car in twice, once the main o2 sensor was bad, and i can't remember what the other time was. both times they told me the problems were not covered under the warranty, and i was charged the full $70 for an hour of labor just for diagnosing the problem. so recently i had my o2 sensor replaced (of course not by ford) and my IAC valve went bad, but i've decided im not even going to ford to see if anythings covered anymore because its not worth the $70 just for them to tell me its not covered. I've defintely learned my lesson, i'll never by any king of extended warranties again. FORD SERVICE SUCKS!!!

98 SE 24V DOHC MTX -17" konig tantrums wrapped in 215/45ZR17 Falken Azenis ST115, sho shop cold air intake, arospeed sport muffler, taurus 24V badges, custom painted grille, stock foglights added,
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
My car is currently at the dealership getting the trans looked at (3rd is grinding). The guy said that sleazy care would send out an inspector to look it over and give approval for repairs. I told him I don't have enough money to cover this right now if they won't, and he said "I can't see why they wouldnt cover it" We'll see, I'm holding my breath until I get a phone call from them.

K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
my service advisor told me the exact same thing. "I dont see why they wont cover it." they sent out the inspector and he said no. I argued with them and they sent out another one, who also said no. They are taking the plea that I "abused" my car. Whatever they can go to hell, now im stuck with a 600 dollar bill just to get my car out of the shop because I authorized a tear down and since warranty wont cover it i have to pay. Can you beleive that 600 just to have my car looked at? Even though i told them it was the trans. I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE, MYSELF OR LET ANYONE IN MY FAMILY BUY A FORD AGAIN. Because of this situation now I have to sell my svt or do something because i just cant afford it. that makes me even more madder because I still owe 10 grand on it. brings tears to my eyez everytime i think about it. the first couple of nights beleive it or not I couldnt even sleep... damn im gonna miss my baby

oh yeah what makes it worse is that i had ford dealership fax over e z care a copy of a paper stating that the trans in the svt's are bad they have somthing soft.. soft gears or something..... but they still said no

Last edited by KhantourSVT; 04/04/03 02:31 AM.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
i have the esp, premium care, it covered my bad fuel pump, now my trans is f'ed up (3rd gear) hopefully they will cover that, i am taking it to russ milne on hall rd and gratiot, they have been good so far, knock on wood.

2000 Silver Frost SVT resonator removed 20% tints obx short shifter eibachs & konis ...more to come...
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by KhantourSVT:
now im stuck with a 600 dollar bill just to get my car out of the shop because I authorized a tear down and since warranty wont cover it i have to pay. Can you beleive that 600 just to have my car looked at?

The $600 is their labor charge for pulling your trans out and opening it up for inspection. Since sleazy care is refusing to fix it, you'll have to pay the dealership for the work they did.

Myself, I'm planning for a fight. And if I absolutely cannot get the warranty to pay, then I'll locate a good used trans and have them drop that in the car, seeing as I would have to pay for their teardown and reassembly anyways.
There is NO WAY I am giving up my SVT if that were to happen!

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Easy care is the worst thing you can buy..I had one on my SHO...Waste.Waste.Waste....They complain about everything.

Dyno'd 182hp @ Spring Zing 18" Wheels H&R In-dash and stuff... 98.5 Red SVT
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
they pulled that sh*t on me before and I ended up having to pay $3600 out of pocket for a busted rear transaxle. I remember that $600 tear down charge too. and this was with the regular 3 yr/36k mile warranty. I fought with Ford for over 3 months and they just wouldn't budge. Once they have it in their mind that it's customer abuse, the chances are they won't change their mind.

If I were in your position, I'd get on the phone w/Terry Haines and see about having your car towed up to him. If I could have done it all over again, that's what I would have done. Probably would have saved thousands.

K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
3600 is what they told me for a new trans and a clutch. Ive got a guy right next to the ford dealership thats been dealing with trans for 18 yrs and Ive heard good words about him. He told me 17-1800 for a used trans installed with a 18 month/18k mile warranty on it. Best ive found so far. But that leaves my total up to 22-2300 for me to get it outta the shop. still a B*tch
like i said Fu*K Ford.... peice of shits

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard