Next Thread
Print Thread
#582241 03/23/03 08:49 AM
I
CEG'er
OP Offline
CEG'er
I
hey i just got back from my spring break out there. I was in San Diego for most of it, but me and my friends drove to Pheonix to see a Cubs spring training game. to bad it got RAINED OUT!!!! stupid me, i thought it was the friggen desert. haha, whatever, it was still awsome, and there are few things better than a good road trip. anyways, we found a few things curious about the fair city of pheonix.
1) what the hell is the VW "bora" we saw a few jettas that were badged as boras. our best guess is that if it is sold south of the border, it is called the bora. I never took spanish in hs, so im not sure if that is the translation of "jetta" into spanish or something.
2) there are no billboards in pheonix. most highways are littered with them, but not pheonix. is there some sort of zoning or laws which prevent that. if so, that is awsome and i think every city should do the same.
ok, that is all. I love SD and Pheonix and would skip out of godforsaken iowa any day to get back there.

#582242 03/23/03 09:10 AM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by importhunter_SVT:
1) what the hell is the VW "bora" we saw a few jettas that were badged as boras.

I know they are called Bora in Europe so perhaps the same name is in Mexico too?

Jetta is a better name, IMHO. A Bora sounds like a big, slow Buick.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
#582243 03/23/03 05:38 PM
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Yes, the Bora is the Euro/Mexican name for the Jetta. Kinda like Mondeo/Contour. We usually get our own name for things as I guess we are "too cool" for the name the rest of the world gets.

We have plenty of billboards, but not anywhere near as many as SD. Try driving through town on the I-17 and you will see a [censored]-load.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard