Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
My company, CustomCougars.Com, has just had 20 OMP Front Strut Bars painted to Ford Silver to match the Ford Contour and Mercury Cougar. I have these bars and I should have them all packaged up and ready to ship by Monday-Tuesday of next week. The cost is going to be $135 shipped. Would any CEG members be interested?

If so Post here or call me at the shop, 540-663-5363

I only have 20 of these... once they are gone, thats it.

Thanks

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Why so expensive?

I bought mine at $90 shipped directly from OMP.

Heck didn't you even have them listed at $100 shipped on your website?

So would that not mean you are charging folks around $35-$45 to paint the bars silver.

I painted mine silver myself with paint I already had but can's are about $3. Still looks brand new after 1 year.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Demon,

while I agree with you 99% of the time, you can be harsh at times. While yes, he's charging $40 more than a new bar straight from OMP, however there's nothing wrong with making a little bit of money on the side, even if it comes at the expense of your 'car friends'.

I'm sure Brad and Rick ain't going about it just so they could 'break even'.

And how come we didn't say a word when TH was/is charging $130 for the DMD....

Anyways, lets NOT start that....

-John

'98 4Runner
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I am charging the price that OMP has set for me to sell the bars at... So my simple question to you DemonSVT... Are you an ass in person, or just on the internet?

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by JVT:
Demon,

while I agree with you 99% of the time, you can be harsh at times. While yes, he's charging $40 more than a new bar straight from OMP, however there's nothing wrong with making a little bit of money on the side, even if it comes at the expense of your 'car friends'.

I'm sure Brad and Rick ain't going about it just so they could 'break even'.

And how come we didn't say a word when TH was/is charging $130 for the DMD....

Anyways, lets NOT start that....

-John

LOL I love it, personally FlechaAutoSports is in business to break even...

YEA RIGHT!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by AutumnOrange:
I am charging the price that OMP has set for me to sell the bars at... So my simple question to you DemonSVT... Are you an ass in person, or just on the internet?

Do you rip people off all the time or just only when I see you post?

You have this same bar listed on your website for $99. Yes I even checked before I originally posted my first post. LINK HERE

So exactly what is wrong with what I posted earlier. You are charging people $36 to have the bar painted silver. WHAT A DAMN RIPOFF!

I am just looking out for my fellow CEG'ers so they don't get taken for a $36 paint job. That's my entire beef here!

Also I did buy my bar for $90 shipped directly from OMP so I had nothing bad to say about the fact you are selling it for $99. Yes you are allowed to make a profit.
However that $36 for a paint job BS will never fly in my book so I didn't let it...

If someone wants to buy a bar pre-painted for a $36 surcharge they can. I just feel they should know it! A little "Truth in Advertising."

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
With a little "Truth in Advertising" I can PISS a lot of people.. SP Motorsports, BAT, CTA etc. etc. with what they charge CEG and What I KNOW!.

If your going after one person for charging too much let me tell you..HE AINT ALONE! Go after them ALL!

I know that if you could make 1000% profit off your business you would, period!

Competition is what makes most business somewhat honest.

I assume everyone has a mind of their own so no babysitting from me.

Eric

B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Demon,

I'm in agreement with you on most things and I agree that keeping the costs in a reasonable price range is important, but as one of the servicing members of CEG I've got to say you're a little out of line on this one. I know you and a lot of other people can grab a can of silver spray paint and shoot a bar for about $3 and 20 minutes of time, but in reality if people want to pay for a service and don't have anywhere to do it, $36 isn't that bad of a price. Heck I'll probably pay $50 or more to get my Mirko shot. Ya, I could do it myself but why not pay someone else if you don't care to do it. Now that being said, if you don't think it's a fair price, then don't pay it. It's people complaining about outrageous costs and then other people undercutting everyone by a dollar just to steal the sell that drives people away. I know one of the biggest beefs Terry H had was everyone asking for more product on this board, then either complaining about the price, or undercutting him to take a few sales. I don't have a shop overhead to support like Terry does, but at the same time, if I can make a profit I'm going to, it's just good business sense. In any case, I think you're out of line on this one, just my .04

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
1. Heck I'll probably pay $50 or more to get my Mirko shot. Ya,

2. It's people complaining about outrageous costs and then other people undercutting everyone by a dollar just to steal the sell that drives people away.

1. The type of paint (and additives) required, number of coats and finish quality are completely different from body parts then to spraying the tiny STB with silver paint.

2. I agree that is bad if the costs are justifiable. However neither point is valid in this case.
The added expensive is not and I am not personally selling the product nor offering a painting service for it. Therefore I have no vested interest in taking their business away for personal gain.

I am just informing others of exactly what the are paying for (even using this particular company's normal price as reference) and my opinion of it.

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
There are some good points in this thread, I will ignore the others, since I think no good can come from them.

I am glad someone is offering pre-painted items, I know my previous landlord hated me working on my car, I can't even imagine what he would have done about paint. So a year ago this would have been ideal, if I had a silver car.

I am also glad DemonSVT posted that $35 goes to paint and painting, it is always nice to know where your money is going.

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard