Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I don't know if US cars are the same but our fuel rails clip together a bit like a garden hose.If you cut a piece of plastic so you can wrap it around the fuel line and push it into the connector this releases the spring.It takes some practice but it's easy when you have done it. A drug container bottle(i guess that's what you would call them??-pill bottle in the UK!!) is ideal as the plastic is moulded to about the right size.Hope this makes sense-deff. better to remove the LIM as a whole assem.

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Mondeo V6:
I don't know if US cars are the same but our fuel rails clip together a bit like a garden hose.If you cut a piece of plastic so you can wrap it around the fuel line and push it into the connector this releases the spring.It takes some practice but it's easy when you have done it. A drug container bottle(i guess that's what you would call them??-pill bottle in the UK!!) is ideal as the plastic is moulded to about the right size.Hope this makes sense-deff. better to remove the LIM as a whole assem.

Ok...well on a different note....but same subject. I'm planning on installing a 2000 SVT LIM onto my 1995. I have the following parts, 2000 SVT LIM, 1998 return style fuel rail, SVT return style injectors.

I plan on removing the butterflies on both the 95 and SVT LIMs rear and switching the Secondary mechanism off the 95 and putting it on the SVT. I think I can make this work, although it may be tough.

Now, the part that scares me is playing with the fuel lines. The fuel rail for 95 and 98 is different. I'll actually require less fuel line for the 98, so I'll have to trim the lines. Now, how exactly do I go about trimming the lines and then reconnecting the lines to the 98 fuel rail? Do I need to get new lines, special connectors? I'm very, very, very worried about not doing this right and causing a fire and losing the Shark , so I want to do this right.

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I have the exact opposite problem! I will have to lengthen mine!! The butterfly rails will swap over-just watch the bearings when the rod comes out-you have to use some cable of similar diameter to stop them dropping down.The fuel line should be ok so long as you make sure all connections are secure.Best bet would be to shorten the hose but still use the fast fit connections-just secure the new connection with a jubilee clip as well.I know this would work on a Mondeo but i'm unsure if your car is the same-could you post up a picture of your fuel lines??

Mondeo V6 RS RS Bodykit RS Lowered SVT UIM SVT TB SVT LIM Philips 6000K HID ZENON Twin Stainless Exhaust
D
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by PA 3L SVT:

1) For the harness, the clips and the connectors do come off (they hold the connector to the FI) - use a pair of needle nose pliers. Likely a clip or two will go flying, so be careful. If you want to practice, do it on the connector going into the tail lamps - they are very similar, if not identical.

So, any easy way to get the clips back on...
I took one off and I wanted to make sure I could actually put it back on...it took an hour!

1999 Amazon Green SVT A few mods...179.2 FWHP so far
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard