Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
In my ever-changing decision on what to do about my tire situation, I think I came up with an answer that I like. I need to buy new tires soon and I have factory rims for my 2000 SVT Contour. I decided I will keep the factory rims and buy some winter tires to put on them for next winter, so this means I need to get new rims and tires for summer. I checked out TireRack and came up with a combination that I like. I decided on the 17x7 O.Z. Crono Evolution Silver Painted rims and the 215/45YR17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position tires. Am I going to have any problems with rubbing? These rims fit on 2000 SVT Contours right? Anyone have these and have a pic with them on their Contour (or can someone photochop these rims on a black SVT Contour? ) Any recommendations or ideas are more than welcomed. Thanks.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
no you wont have any rubbing issues, but dont you think those rims look a little TOO much like the stock rims your replacing?

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i dont think they look totally like stock though i'm not feelin' them cuz i dont like the lines on the wheel. hard to explain why.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
I think they look great. Get em, they dont look that much like stock

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
And i bet there a whole lot lighter than stock

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by hmouta:
i dont think they look totally like stock though i'm not feelin' them cuz i dont like the lines on the wheel. hard to explain why.

my thoughts exactly. it is hard to explain, i like most all 5-spokes but something just doesn't look quite right to me, can't really put my finger on it though.

98 SE 24V DOHC MTX -17" konig tantrums wrapped in 215/45ZR17 Falken Azenis ST115, sho shop cold air intake, arospeed sport muffler, taurus 24V badges, custom painted grille, stock foglights added,

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard