Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by todras:
No pictures in sigs please! See anyone else with them?

Sorry didn't read the rules!!!!!

Mondeo (UK Model) GhiaX 2.5 v6 DMD 2003 Version GhiaX 2000 Spec Semi Automatic Climate Control Power Folding Mirrors, Japan Stylie Ford OEM RSAP Latest Sump Revision
S
S
If u turn off your overdrive on atx you will notice at the higher RPM's you get more power than you used to. It changes your powerband al little. The bosch +4 dont hurt performance.

Either I can smoke the hell out of all of u with my RSX or make it a close race with my tour.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by Lance Kinley:
Nope, nothing by Bosch seems to work well in the Duratec. Even the regular platinums by them are problematic.

Take those back and get the Autolites!

Exactly.

Actually ALL of Bosch's plug are indentical in design. The only difference between them is the +2's have 2 ground electrodes (and cost 2 times the std) and the +4's have 4 ground electrodes (and cost 3 times the std) All plugs are considered single platinum!

There is no performance benefit of one over the other just a "theoretical" longevity aspect of having more ground electrodes to jump between as they wear out. The funny thing is the POS center electrode (another story in itself ) is only rated for ~40k miles so all the plugs will last the same length anyway.
Demon, You say that there is "no performance benefit" but do they actually "hurt the performance".

It's 100% marketing BS!

Stick with the Autolite (APP764) or Motorcraft (AGSF32PPM) DP's and you are set.

98.5 Black SVT 65 Red Mustang coupe 289 hi-po
L
Webmaster
Webmaster
L
Originally posted by StuntFly02:
The bosch +4 dont hurt performance.

I respectfully disagree.

-Lance

Lance Kinley CEG Webmaster 95 SE, "Cassandra" 10 years!
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M

I respectfully disagree.

-Lance

Okay...my car has been running absolutely terrible recently. Sputtering...loss of downlow power..etc.

I read this post and ran out and bought the Autolite APP764 plugs from Discount Auto Parts today.

When I took out the old Bosch single platinums, which have been in the car for less than a year, only about 12,000 miles on them, the electrode coming out of the base of the plug, which is made out of ceramic with a tiny, tiny piece of metal there, had receeded. I couldn't even see the electrode on 4 out of 6 plugs!!! Those Bosch plugs are absolute garbage. No wonder the car ran like crap and got chitty gas mileage....the plugs were bare firing!!!

So....all of you out there that have Bosch plugs in your car....RUN!!!!! DON'T WALK........to your local auto parts store and buy the Autolite APP764 double platinum......you will not be sorry!!!

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

I respectfully disagree.

-Lance

I further agree with Lance's disagreeing!!!

...with eXtrA EmphAsiS even!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by hunddog:
what about bosch +2 ? i just purchased them but have not yet been installed. will these increase performance/work efficiently??

Nope, nothing by Bosch seems to work well in the Duratec. Even the regular platinums by them are problematic.

-Lance

damn!! well i can return those but i also purchased the bosch wires as well, which i sent in the receipt and upc for rebate offer so its doubtful that i can return them. so, what about the wires, no good for the duratec either? would they at least be better than stock? what should i do??

98 SE 24V DOHC MTX -17" konig tantrums wrapped in 215/45ZR17 Falken Azenis ST115, sho shop cold air intake, arospeed sport muffler, taurus 24V badges, custom painted grille, stock foglights added,
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

I respectfully disagree.

-Lance

Been there, tried the +4's and switched right back to Motorcraft plugs.

I'll never use them again in a Duratec.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
what about bosch +2 ? i just purchased them but have not yet been installed. will these increase performance/work efficiently??

-Lance

damn!! well i can return those but i also purchased the bosch wires as well, which i sent in the receipt and upc for rebate offer so its doubtful that i can return them. so, what about the wires, no good for the duratec either? would they at least be better than stock? what should i do??

I think you may be safe with the wires.......it's the plugs you want to avoid!! Heck...spend $45 and pick up a set of the Ford Motorsport wires....

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
My +4's have been in for nearly 30,000 miles trouble free...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard