CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Hi, I'm posting this group buy for my garage guy here in
Vancouver so contact him directly if you want to purchase
or have questions.

These kits come complete with OSRAM ballast, HID bulbs,
plug and play harness conversion with built in relays.
Wiring the kit to the car should take no longer than 20
minutes. Mounting the ballast is the only time consuming
part of the install and depends on how much time you have
to work with.

Two choices: 6000K (purplely colour like the Mercedes
Benz) or 8000K (Blue or GM type).

Price: $650.00 CDN or $430 USD, need 10 people for Group
Buy. Sales taxes apply to CDN purchasers, no sales tax
for US buyers. Shipping depends on destination.

Payment via cash, money order, Visa or Mastercard.
How: Email or fax final orders for perauthorization.
Fax: 604 873 3099
Email: jdmrus@hotmail.com
Phone: 604 873 3038 (pacific time zone)

2000 Black SVT #2639/2760; w/18 OZ Superleggera's, Pirelli Pzero Nero. MSDS Headers,Quaife LSD, CF DF, Borla,,chipped,DMD,Baer Track rotors. Lowered/HR and Koni's; HPP & OMP 3L Valves w/ P&P Heads (thanks Kinger!)
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Will these work with Hella projectors?

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Osram doesn't make 6000 or 8000k bulbs. Period. The highest they make are 5400k, sorry. Bulbs must be the Korean knockoffs. eBay auctioneers commonly do this too. They always advertise that they carry brand name stuff, when in reality, it was a kit packaged in Korea or Taiwan, using the normal brand name ballasts (so as to look authentic), but the bulbs themselves are actually low quality Korean bulbs (since they can easily mimic the looks of the real brand bulbs fairly easily). The reliability of these has shown to be poor (I've heard of many failures since I've been studying the HID forums for many years). But the truth is Osram only makes 4100k (for OEM applications), and 5400k (made for the X1010 Aux. lowbeam Driving lights).

By the way, All Mercedes cars with factory xenon come with 4100k bulbs (not 6000k)
Also Osram doesn't make 'kits' for halogen to xenon retrofit either. Osram is an OEM or Aftermarket supplier that provides only LEGAL parts to the public. Other companies may use their components to build 'kits' to sell for retrofitting

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Josch:
Osram doesn't make 6000 or 8000k bulbs. Period. The highest they make are 5400k, sorry. Bulbs must be the Korean knockoffs. eBay auctioneers commonly do this too. They always advertise that they carry brand name stuff, when in reality, it was a kit packaged in Korea or Taiwan, using the normal brand name ballasts (so as to look authentic), but the bulbs themselves are actually low quality Korean bulbs (since they can easily mimic the looks of the real brand bulbs fairly easily). The reliability of these has shown to be poor (I've heard of many failures since I've been studying the HID forums for many years). But the truth is Osram only makes 4100k (OEM applications), and 5400k (made for the X1010 Aux. lowbeam Driving lights).

owned?

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Speed Demon:
Originally posted by Josch:
Osram doesn't make 6000 or 8000k bulbs. Period. The highest they make are 5400k, sorry. Bulbs must be the Korean knockoffs. eBay auctioneers commonly do this too. They always advertise that they carry brand name stuff, when in reality, it was a kit packaged in Korea or Taiwan, using the normal brand name ballasts (so as to look authentic), but the bulbs themselves are actually low quality Korean bulbs (since they can easily mimic the looks of the real brand bulbs fairly easily). The reliability of these has shown to be poor (I've heard of many failures since I've been studying the HID forums for many years). But the truth is Osram only makes 4100k (OEM applications), and 5400k (made for the X1010 Aux. lowbeam Driving lights).

owned?

lol

Vinny 2000 T-RED CSVT MODS: 18" REV model 2 ST200 struts/Roush springs CTA intake Pipe/K&N Filter Dtec Heatshield Optimized TB True Duals w/ magnaflow mufflers/resonators
Q
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
Q
Was not gonna make a comment about this, as I did not want to ruin this GB. But Josch is totally correct. Something should be done to these companies, as they regularly cheat their customers with their sub-standard performance and engeneering...

BTW, an 8000K kit is pure garbage. It is dimmer than a high powered Halogen bulb. The color output would be a purple/bluish tint, producing really poor visability.

My take on it? Wanna run Black Lights in your headlights? Save yourself some serious money, go to a local Radio Shack and buy one for $20...

Anything higher than 6000K is not worth the purchase.

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard