Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Idle Air Control Overspeed Error.. I have already checked for vaccum leaks, there is none.

2001 Mercury Cougar
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
not quite to sure, and i dont know if the 3L had the problem with the throttle hang. what manifolds did u use. did u check to see and readup on the throttle hang fix,.

2000 t-red SVT ****too quick for civics**** i have a few tricks up my sleeve
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
I've had the throttle hang in and out of the car since I first got it. With the Fidanza in, I prefer to keep it out. I have the SVT upper(E/H one more time) and lower (optimized) with an optimized TB.

2001 Mercury Cougar
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Idle Air Control Overspeed Error:

The AIC is controlled by a lil stepper motor, probably means a malfunction in the unit or a bad connection. I would reseat the connection, if that doesn't clear it up I would replace it. It doesn't cost much...

Also if u can give me the DTC I can look it up on my Ford CD.

So I heared you've opened up a can of whoop ass on a few unsuspecting cars?

David Zambrano tuner@slicktuning.com CSVT E1 #4808 You get what you pay for. All advice here is free. http://www.slicktuning.com -my homepage
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I believe it means that the pcm has corrected the idle downward as far as it can with the IAC and that there is no more room for adjustment. IIRC, the the IAC plunger is seated all the way closed and there is still more than enough air getting into the engine. Check for vacuum leaks around the intake and TB, PCV, and IAC. Is your TB stock or aftermarket. If aftermarket the hole in the blade may be too large. I filled mine and re-drilled a hole the same size as the SVT TB.
I think that is the same code I got when I first got my MAC 70mm TB before I fixed it up. I had to insert o-rings and grease at each side of the axial shaft that the throttle blade is on, right where they come through the housing because air was leaking in past the bearings. It fixed it nicely. Its nice that they use roller bearings because they wont wear out, but they are not sealed completely and the little bit of air leaking through them is significant on a duratech where it would not be significant on a big V8 which my TB was originally designed for.

warmonger

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard