Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
Does any1 know this figure? Or have a chart of it?

thx!

Car:'97 1.8 mk2 Saloon Diamond White Mods: Magnecor KV85 | Clear Side Repeaters | Debadged | Steeda short shifter (1st in a Mondy) | Cougar knob | dropped 40mm on AP springs and System2 struts | 4x Alpine SPS6939 6x9 speakers |
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Maximum volumetric efficiency on a normally aspirated engine is obviously limited to 100%

Volumetric efficiency is the possible airflow divided by the actual airflow. The possible airflow is the displacement in cubic inches times the RPM divided by 3,456 (to convert to cubic feet) so a 2L engine at 3000 RPM could flow 106 cfm at 100% volumetric efficiency.

Since our cars have a MAF and a scantool can read the MAF and give an output in pounds per minute (with temperature from the IAT), you can essentially read the actual CFM at any RPM (and load).

Typical volumetric efficiency on a stock four cylinder is around 70%-75%.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
Well. this I know already.

Problem is I need to know either the Volumetric efficiency, maybe someone had the figure....

Measuring it on the MAF only gives the voltage AFAIK.
Then I need the voltage/air flow chart to convert the voltage to CFM.....

So basically I'm stuck here..............

I do have a OBD2 scan tool, but it only show the voltage on the MAF.

Car:'97 1.8 mk2 Saloon Diamond White Mods: Magnecor KV85 | Clear Side Repeaters | Debadged | Steeda short shifter (1st in a Mondy) | Cougar knob | dropped 40mm on AP springs and System2 struts | 4x Alpine SPS6939 6x9 speakers |

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard