Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Quote:

How could headers be choking your engine?

Worked 3.0+ w/cams pushing 255+ whp that's how.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
So these choke a 3.0L? Must have alot of mods on it...
(edit : 255fwhp!!!I guess I should be OK with my 160 then )

This is a no brainer, providing the 304SS is thick enough and the welds are well done (not pretty, well done...)

I'd give up some heat shielding for the peace of mind of not having a coating to flake off...Plus you could get some thermal wrap and make it better than MSDS coating (I'd be weary in the snow belt though, salt would collect ijn the cloth)At this price, its a MUCH better deal than the MSDS...Even if 304SS is not ideal for headers, it will last a while...probably longer than mild steel.

Demon, that Y looks OK to me...although we do not see the inside very well.

Last edited by mangler; 03/12/03 05:06 AM.

Marco Tatta 98.5 SE MTX, Duratec EGR block, indiglo gauges, custom shift boot, monsterflow intake, Quasi dual cardoctor exhaust. Hacksaw short shift, Momo race s carbon knob, ghetto rear strut bar, 16 inch cougar wheels with 225/50/16 kumho 712s
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Just putting my $.02 in, but how much would it cost to have to dyno runs done. Seems to me like the cost is going to cut into this $200 savings quite a bit. I'm not trying to be negative, but this is like adverising for you. Maybe you should offer a bigger price break. I bet you will get more of these guys to take you up on the offer, and if you are so confident the results will be good, this will only help you more.

Black 99 CSVT #1820 of 2760 -Current Mods- DMD, KKM, Koni-Kit, HPP rear strut tower bar, metal water pump, tinted windows, Pioneer DEHP4600MP, 6x8 Pioneer 4ways
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
but these r people who likely would've dynoed anyways, who do it fairly often after major mods and tuning

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Read the offer again Woogieman. They are only asking for "seat dyno." They are asking you to report subjectively "How does your car feel with these headers?" The only real conditions are time, talk and pictures. This is a terrific offer and I hope it sees some takers soon. This vendor deserves some success with us.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by mangler:
1. I'd give up some heat shielding for the peace of mind of not having a coating to flake off...
2. Plus you could get some thermal wrap and make it better than MSDS coating (I'd be weary in the snow belt though, salt would collect ijn the cloth)
3. Demon, that Y looks OK to me...although we do not see the inside very well.

1. 1 year and my headers look the same as the day I installed them. Average snow around here but all they do is throw down salt. Above average rain and high humidity year round.

2. NO! 304 SS should never be wrapped. It will crack!
Also there is a coating you can put on the wrap so it does not absorb moisture & makes it more durable. Also good wrap is not cloth based anymore (more of a metal/polyglass hybrid - technology and products have come a long way since header wrap was originally made!)

3. LOOK AGAIN! The V-bend is terrible! That is even the achilles heel in the MSDS setup and this bend is even sharper. If you are going to have the tuned U-bend then make sure it is a U not a sharp V.
Also without seeing all the inner welds and pipe fitment who knows the build quality.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Well despite a one man quest to dog these headers, several sets have been shipped out to Cougar Owners. These sets are being installed this week and hopefully should have dynos within 7 days of the install. (Giving the Computer time to adjust).

The first test car is making a baseline pull on a dyno Friday. He will then have the headers installed. 1 week later he will return to the same dyno and pull again. This comparison will be posted on CustomCougars.Com

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Hey Autumn please post your findings when you get them, I'm interested.
Will anyone of the cougar owners be using the sho-y instead of the one that comes with the headers for any dyno pulls? Just curious.

Eric

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
You must be very lucky with your coating because the replacement y-pipe I received from MSDS that had the new coating started to show signs of rust 4 months after installing it and without having ever seen a single flake of snow or grain of salt. I emailed him abou thies 2 or 3 times but they decided to ignore me. Ask me my opinion about the MSDS coatings both new and old and I'll tell you they suck. I'll make sure to snap some pics of the new coating in a few weeks after teh snow starts to dissapear and I'l show you what it looks like after about 10 months use

Then: 99 Silver Frost SVT #1919 237hp/219tq All Motor Now: 06 White STI Parts 4 sale
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I have two wrds JET HOT! I too have heard bad stories about the coatings MSDS apply to their headers.

Eric

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard