Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
If anyone is interested in Stainless Steel Headers, I have a little offer... Since there was some so called "beef" started with about 3 CEG members and numerous NECO members about the quality of the headers... I would like to offer 5 sets out to CEG members only. These 5 sets would be shipped with or without y-pipe. The persons purchasing the 5 sets would have to have the product installed within 3 weeks of delivery with photos and actual seat dyno results for others to view. If you can get to an actual dyno, that would be even better. Again this offer is open to any CEG member. Here is what you get...

1. Stainless Steel Headers - Please review my website to see more info on the headers. These have 3 bolt flanges, however you DO NOT have to use the y-pipe.

2. Shipment the very same day you pay, with most Tracking numbers provided within 24 hours of original purchase.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Call 540-663-5363 to order directly over the phone with a Mastercard, Visa or Discover. NO PAYPAL.

2. Install the headers within 3 weeks from DELIVERY. UPS Will be delivering the headers. The deadline will be based off the DELIVERY DATE, not shipment date.

3. Upon installation, take photos of the headers installed and provide to CEG as well as CustomCougars.Com your final findings. Seat dynos is all I am looking for, basically how does it feel behind the wheel. If you can actually dyno the car, I would love to have a dyno plot as well.

Price: $499 + Shipping. Shipping depends on region, but is estimated at $20-$30

I am doing this for several reasons. Get the product out there as well as come clean with those who posted nasty comments. I hope that at this price ($200 off retail and $160 less than mild steel competitors) these haters will think about this. If not the results from the 5 who choose to take the offer will help provide feedback to the rest of CEG and who knows, maybe even NECO.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Damm, damm, damm, damm, damm!!!

Oh well. Didn't want to race Street Mod this year, anyway. Hope we can get 5, though. I want AO to stay. (Retail Competition=good for consumers.)

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
AutumnOrange, this is a grand offer and major Kudos to you for making it!! Iā??ve got the interest and the money but regrettably not the time. It would be dishonest for me to say I could have my car drivable in three weeks - even without the headers.

But I hope there are others with complete cars who will take you up.

I ordered a set of MSDS for my car in February and they should arrive soon. If you donā??t get enough takers and are willing to give me all the time I need to assemble my car (I know Iā??m asking a lot!) I will gladly purchase a set and install them instead of my MSDSs. I think they would look great as I also have a Bosal stainless exhaust and a BAT stainless Y-pipe and high flow cat.

Guys I think this vendor believes in his product. What says you?

PS, I think the moderator may move this to group buys ā?? Donā??t get discouraged if it happens, as you will surely get a lot of exposure regardless.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/06/03 05:50 PM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Hmmmmm, I might be willing to do a before and after dyno with the MSDS headers versus your headers on a 3L engine. I have to be honest, the MSDS headers I feel are really choking my engine, maybe these headers would be a great alternative, maybe they will flow even better?? You can contact me if you want, I don't think I will ever be back on NECO again, except for later today to say my goodbye's.

2001 Mercury Cougar
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I am interested. Is the $500 price with the Y-pipe? Im not doubting you, but what if I/We arent happy with them? Can we get a refund if they produce bad numbers? Seems fair since they arent tested at all.

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by jjennings:
maybe these headers would be a great alternative, maybe they will flow even better??

How would that be even possible. They are the EXACT same headers just made in SS.
Not only that but the pictured Y-pipe has a worse V-bend then the MSDS unit I have sitting in my garage.
Then top it off with the fact that uncoated SS will retain less heat (lower scavenging and higher underhood and engine oil temps) and how could you even think an idea like that???

I'd love to see a back to back test of 2-3 pulls each with a closed hood and a hot engine.

Hey I can't fault AO for knocking down the price though.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I cannot take any returns once you install a product.. That is not part of the deal... these are going ot give you gains, they are headers..

B
BDR Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
i wish i had the money to do this, i would be all over it!
but if you want a doner to try these on, i would be more then willing!

2000 CSVT (SOLD) #531/2150 now 2003 WRX !FINALLY SPONSORED! "Big Pimpin, Never Slippin"
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
How could headers be choking your engine?

Originally posted by jjennings:
...I have to be honest, the MSDS headers I feel are really choking my engine, maybe these headers would be a great alternative, maybe they will flow even better?? You can contact me if you want, I don't think I will ever be back on NECO again, except for later today to say my goodbye's.

'98 SVT Contour #897:Mods= Intake, exhaust, suspension, & aesthetics www.community.webshots.com/user/rob98csvt897.
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
How much for the headers without the y-pipe?

don't drink and drive.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard