Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Gouch Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
So the next part of instaling my system is to run speaker wire from where the amps will be to the speakers.

How should I go about doing this. I;ve looked at trying to get an entire length of wire into the door but the gromet seems very hard to get too.

My other idea was to tap in to the stock speaker wire behinf the deck and use that for the last few feet to the door.

If I do that though I have to mount my x-overs up front somewhere, I was thinking the glove box. and split to the tweeter from there.

I'll have 200 watts going to my front and only 50 to my rears.

anyways, could you help me out and tell me how you guys ran your wire.

thanks

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I ran new wire completely through my car ,,i tapped into the wired behine the deck,and routed them to my amp's

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
What you can do is get the amp wiring bypass from Crutchfield. This will allow you to hook in upfront to the current speaker wires and there should be enough wiring to run it all the way to your amp in the trunk!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I did what Citation did. They call it a speaker loop.

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
I am currently in the process of doing this myself. I ran wires all the way from the trunk to the doors. I have my crossovers in the trunk so I ran 2 sets of wires for the components up front. Takes a little more wire, but with this I can adjust my crossovers easily if I want from the trunk ( I got the JL Audio XR 570csi components).

I punched a hole in the grommet on the door and fed the wires through, and also punched a hole in the tiny grommet that isn't used for anything on the side of the car next to the Molex connectors. It was a complete pain in the butt to feed wires through the side of the car, but once its done you won't have to screw with it again. Also you will have the satisfaction that if you paid good money for a high end component set that you can run 16/14/12 gauge or better wire to feed the power to them instead of using the dinky factory wiring.

Bob

1999 T-Red SVT Contour 1993 Silver MKIV Toyota Supra TT BPU+
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SvtBob:
I am currently in the process of doing this myself. I ran wires all the way from the trunk to the doors. I have my crossovers in the trunk so I ran 2 sets of wires for the components up front. Takes a little more wire, but with this I can adjust my crossovers easily if I want from the trunk ( I got the JL Audio XR 570csi components).

Thats why I bought 50ft of this shizzle yo:

http://www.knukonceptz.com/detail.asp?product_id=KAR124BLS

I'm going to remove the doors and drill a new hole to run the wires through.

L.

Previous owner of a 99 Mystique V6 MTX Black Current owner of a 2004 Maxima SE MTX Silver Forsale: Yakima roof rack. Q-towers, bars, clips, locks. Good condition.
T
T
If you are crazy and have alot of time it is possible to run new speaker wire through the weather pack conectors at each door. With a small drill you can drill trough the unused parts of each connector and feed your speaker wire though. Making sure that both sides line up is the hardest part.

Be very careful as one screwup will disable you power locks etc... !!!

Then all you have to do is route the wires under the carpet to your amps.

1999 SVT Silver Work in Progress
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
YIKES , see i didnt want to do it the hard way ,..that why i tapped into the stock wires BUT if you have a SVT forget that ....there ran to the stock amp.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I noticed when checking the ford wires, they give a lot of resistance (speaker wires that is). And when I went in and pulled all the new wires through to my deck. my sound wasn't as distorted. All my speakers are also running off RCA plugs now. Which seem to be much higher quality and sounds so so much better. Had to make customer RCA ends to fit the new RCA, plenty of room for them, but in the end doors [censored] a little harder to the more bulk of the black wire cone. (whatever its called)

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by takearide:
If you are crazy and have alot of time it is possible to run new speaker wire through the weather pack conectors at each door. With a small drill you can drill trough the unused parts of each connector and feed your speaker wire though. Making sure that both sides line up is the hardest part.

Yeph, I am just that nuts Here is the pic how i did it

Kirill 98.5 Silver Frost Contour SE Sport (powered by Duratec) traded for 01 Audi A6 2.7T in September 04. Some stuff for sale in classifiends: http://www.contour.org/classifieds/classifieds.php?t=1&c=1
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard