Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
driven Offline OP
OP Offline
D
This car is going to be the death of me. When coasting toward a light in neutral, if i try to put the car into second or third with the clutch pedal fully depressed, the trans makes a horiffic grinding sound. Have had problems before, usually resolved, but never like this. The car has had new trans, a new shifter, new shift cables, ford's synthetic gearlube. Not sure what could be causing this. Only happens when easing the car into second or third from a roll with engine at idle speed. Any help would be loved, as dealer thinks i'm crazy and claims they can't replicate. This is the same dealer who when i complained of the cold shift problem parked the car in the garage overnight before taking it out for a test though. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ted.

'00 T-red SVT
'89 Dodge Raider
'01 Isuzu VX
S
S
Quote:
Originally posted by driven:
This car is going to be the death of me. When coasting toward a light in neutral, if i try to put the car into second or third with the clutch pedal fully depressed, the trans makes a horiffic grinding sound. Have had problems before, usually resolved, but never like this. The car has had new trans, a new shifter, new shift cables, ford's synthetic gearlube. Not sure what could be causing this. Only happens when easing the car into second or third from a roll with engine at idle speed. Any help would be loved, as dealer thinks i'm crazy and claims they can't replicate. This is the same dealer who when i complained of the cold shift problem parked the car in the garage overnight before taking it out for a test though. Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. ted.
Ask the service writer or tech to ride with you and you show them. Then let them have a turn with you in the car.

T.

'97 Contour SE 2.5 MTX
T
T
Does sound like syncro/selector fork probs,shifting with the engine at idle does not help it too much as most of the lube is laying in the bottom of the trans...which is why the Bulldog Box has..... wink

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Does sound like syncro/selector fork probs,shifting with the engine at idle does not help it too much as most of the lube is laying in the bottom of the trans...which is why the Bulldog Box has..... wink
always have to leave them hanging don't you Terry wink

Ryan

Latest Mod: Mirko Splitter
T
T
Hey....I've 'paid my dues'....Ryan...you know it !!! laugh

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Terry Haines:
Hey....I've 'paid my dues'....Ryan...you know it !!! laugh
Yeah I know but I gotta bust your balls a little...keeps you honest laugh

Ryan

Latest Mod: Mirko Splitter
T
T
Hows this then Ryan...'When your big enough you will be too old..!!!!!!!' laugh

V6 MTX
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
D
driven Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Here's the latest... I went to the dealer after they found no problems and took one of the head service guys for a ride. As usual the gears ground shifting into second. He tells me that it may be the synchros or the shifting blocks. Whan I ask what the recourse will be, I was told that due to the fact that I am taking them to court since the car is a lemon that their stand is its not a problem. I was then told if this was not acceptible, i could leave and go to some other ford dealer. Nothing like good warranty service huh? Any ideas as to where I should go from here? Thanks everyone for the inbput. Terry, you should donate one of those to Ford so I can keep my baby.

'00 T-red SVT
'89 Dodge Raider
'01 Isuzu VX
G
G
well i'd add the service jerks attitude to my lemon suit and complain to ford and anyone else, eventhough it probably wont do any good

i wish we could treat ford service dorks like taliban

95 contour se...dark blue...monsterflow air filter...remanuf atx...wiring harness recall or bust!!!96k miles...motorcraft awsf32pp plugs & red ford racing 9mm wires...kvr black plated cross-drilled rotors & carbon fiber pads...currently undergoing renovation...excuse our dust!!!
are my dodgers for real????

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard