Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
If you could trigger the IMRC motor by use of a RPM switch (this type of switch is commonly used in nitrous systems), then you could retain the EECIV PCM, though you would still have to buy the IMRC and cable ($150 or so new). Of course you are going to have to modify fuel lines and injector wiring harness, source a later model fuel rail, and buy a MAF calibrated for 19# injectors.

On a 95 there are only two good reasons I can think of for going with an SVT LIM ?? larger throttle bores and 19# injectors. However, IMHO, the stock 17# injectors in good condition flow enough to not be a problem for typical bolt-on mods. I have read posts from people making well in excess of 200HP on 2.5Ls with 17# injectors. I know that you know this but it is still worth saying ?? larger injectors are only needed (and only make power) if there is adequate, properly calibrated airflow.

So except for the most highly modified stock 95 2.5Ls (head work and SVT cams at minimum) that really leaves one reason to use an SVT LIM ?? larger throttle bores. The 95 LIM castings are ??simple? and a competent machinist should be able to bore them out from 31/32 mm to the ST200 (2000 SVT) 34/35 mm size without difficulty. The real trick is sourcing or fabricating larger butterfly valve plates for the secondaries. This whole operation should cost less than a new ST200 LIM. Whala! Bolt on SVT LIM performance for 95 2.5Ls!

Just don??t try this if you plan to later upgrade your block to 3.0L. In that case you might as well solve the 19# injector question now because you will surely need them later.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
If you could trigger the IMRC motor by use of a RPM switch (this type of switch is commonly used in nitrous systems), then you could retain the EECIV PCM, though you would still have to buy the IMRC and cable ($150 or so new). Of course you are going to have to modify fuel lines and injector wiring harness, source a later model fuel rail, and buy a MAF calibrated for 19# injectors.

On a 95 there are only two good reasons I can think of for going with an SVT LIM ?? larger throttle bores and 19# injectors. However, IMHO, the stock 17# injectors in good condition flow enough to not be a problem for typical bolt-on mods. I have read posts from people making well in excess of 200HP on 2.5Ls with 17# injectors. I know that you know this but it is still worth saying ?? larger injectors are only needed (and only make power) if there is adequate, properly calibrated airflow.

So except for the most highly modified stock 95 2.5Ls (head work and SVT cams at minimum) that really leaves one reason to use an SVT LIM ?? larger throttle bores. The 95 LIM castings are ??simple? and a competent machinist should be able to bore them out from 31/32 mm to the ST200 (2000 SVT) 34/35 mm size without difficulty. The real trick is sourcing or fabricating larger butterfly valve plates for the secondaries. This whole operation should cost less than a new ST200 LIM. Whala! Bolt on SVT LIM performance for 95 2.5Ls!

Just don??t try this if you plan to later upgrade your block to 3.0L. In that case you might as well solve the 19# injector question now because you will surely need them later.

I disagree....Ford upgraded to 19# injectors for a reason with the SVT. My 'Tique is modded pretty well, and runs with most SVTs as it is. I feel that by allowing more air into the piston with the KKM, BAT pipe, Optimized SVT TB, 2000 SVT UIM and optimized 2000 SVT LIM, with my stock injectors, I'll be maxing out at WOT.

My reason for undertaking the SVT LIM is to replace the original injectors (now have 160k on them) and to harness the extra power that I know is there once I install the SVT LIM.

I'm going to optimize the SVT LIM before I install it as well.

Like I said, I'll take pics before, during and after.

2000 WS6 Convertible A4 13.11 @ 107.5 with a lid, Ram Air and LTs Gone:95 Mystique LS Young America edition V6, MTX 15.6 @ 91
'
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
'
I thought that the Ford EEC-V could self compensate for a difference of less than 15% in flow of the injectors. This would mean that 19 lb./hr. injectors are well within the limitations of the non-svt cars electronics. Am I wrong on this? I do realize you need a new fuel rail and injector plug-in ends. You can use the same Pressure regulator, correct? I am also curious, does anyone have the part number for the 19 lb/hr injectors that fit the Contour's LIM and fuel rail. I have heard some say that mustang 19 lb/hr's work, but I don't have their P/N either. I am planning on doing this swap soon ,when I get the parts ordered, but i am waiting on part numbers.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I know in my application 19's won't be needed..unless I go down to sea level that is. Heck I could go 3.0 and not need 'em up here.

A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I doubt your typical bolt-on's would max out the 17# injectors.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Hi MystiqueSVT!

Now I am not sure about my injector size assumptions. I have been back in the archives searching for max power limits with 17# injectors and I still find the same numerous claims that they are good to over 200 HP with 205 HP mentioned often, but I could not find any actual dyno runs (must have been selectively reading before!). While I do not expect to make near that much power with stock 95 LX heads and cams, I don??t want to find out after modding the 95 LIM that the injectors are actually too small! The 205HP limit estimate on 17# injectors comes from an online injector calculator on Pro M??s website. I believe the assumptions included sea level, stock fuel pressure, 80% duty cycle and 7000 RPM (someone else did the calculation and posted result).

I am definitely going to do my own math on this and will post my results here?

P.S. it is getting easy to talk me into going with an ST200 LIM since TH is now offering some for sale at a very good price. I am almost afraid to mention anything here since they are so touchy at the other site?Oh what the hell $280 + shipping. These, of course, come with 19# injectors and returnless fuel rail ?? though TH says they can be used with return style as well.

MystiqueSVT, I am really interested in how you solve the various technical problems with using an ST200 LIM and I am glad there are other people doing this!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by AirKnight:
I doubt your typical bolt-on's would max out the 17# injectors.

I'd have to agree.

Now once you get in the 170FWHP range it's time for the 19lber injectors.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Hi MystiqueSVT!

Now I am not sure about my injector size assumptions. I have been back in the archives searching for max power limits with 17# injectors and I still find the same numerous claims that they are good to over 200 HP with 205 HP mentioned often, but I could not find any actual dyno runs (must have been selectively reading before!). While I do not expect to make near that much power with stock 95 LX heads and cams, I don??t want to find out after modding the 95 LIM that the injectors are actually too small! The 205HP limit estimate on 17# injectors comes from an online injector calculator on Pro M??s website. I believe the assumptions included sea level, stock fuel pressure, 80% duty cycle and 7000 RPM (someone else did the calculation and posted result).

I am definitely going to do my own math on this and will post my results here?

P.S. it is getting easy to talk me into going with an ST200 LIM since TH is now offering some for sale at a very good price. I am almost afraid to mention anything here since they are so touchy at the other site?Oh what the hell $280 + shipping. These, of course, come with 19# injectors and returnless fuel rail ?? though TH says they can be used with return style as well.

MystiqueSVT, I am really interested in how you solve the various technical problems with using an ST200 LIM and I am glad there are other people doing this!

Well, here's our previous dyno tests on our 95 Contour SE, and with stock injectors.

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Actually, you could probably suffice just by port matching the top of your LIM to your new SVT UIM. I would not only shave off some of the metal around the rim of each port, I would also polish them to match or be similar to the bottom portion of the ports.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I have a spare LIM...and it isn't a straight through. There is a slight angle.

See on the left hole...there is a little black ring, just below the butterfly rod. That's actually an angle in the wall of the port.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard