Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Is there any particular reason that everyone puts the in-line fuse holder in the engine bay? Or can I put it in the trunk before the amp? I think it would look better in the trunk. Thanks.

'98 SVT KKM / TH fix / Mobil 1 / Synth tranny cocktail / JVC LX-30 HU / 10 JL sub / Alpine V12 amp / Panther 199 wheels / Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17 / Bosch +4 / Ford Motorsport wires
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Because the battery is the source of the electrical potential, you want a fuse as close as possible to it.

If you have a battery under the hood, in the trunk or under hood and in the trunk, well the fuse(s) should be close to that(those) battery(ies).

Because the electrical device is another item you want to protect you put a fuse as close as possible to it also.
Most aftermarket components have fusing so you don't have to add an additional fuse close to the device you want to protect.

The fuse close to the battery protects the vehicle as well as other components.

Should wire from your battery become over loaded you can burn up the vehicle with only a trunk mounted fuse.

Anthony B. Davis 2Deep2 Silver SVT 2002 IASCA SQ Ult Ama 601+ World Champion runner up 2002 SLAP dBQ Champion 2000 USAC SQ World Champion 2002 USACi SQ World Champion
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.

'98 SVT KKM / TH fix / Mobil 1 / Synth tranny cocktail / JVC LX-30 HU / 10 JL sub / Alpine V12 amp / Panther 199 wheels / Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17 / Bosch +4 / Ford Motorsport wires

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard