S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
You are completely full of crap!!!

Stock Z24 MTX runs around 15.7-15.8
Stock ATX runs around 16 flat.

Even modified a Zetec MTX runs around mid 16's or slower. (sans nitrous of course)

ATX Zetec...

Stop the stupid stories and street racing is stupid in itself. Get a clue and a life...

Its funny like you really know what a Z24 runs in the quater demon. Not like your wife has one or something..

LOL wow what a story manual shifting a automatic. thats amazing. soo automatic zetec's will be taking out SVT's if you manual shift them

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by SteedaSVT:
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
You are completely full of crap!!!

Stock Z24 MTX runs around 15.7-15.8
Stock ATX runs around 16 flat.

Even modified a Zetec MTX runs around mid 16's or slower. (sans nitrous of course)

ATX Zetec...

Stop the stupid stories and street racing is stupid in itself. Get a clue and a life...

Its funny like you really know what a Z24 runs in the quater demon. Not like your wife has one or something..

LOL wow what a story manual shifting a automatic. thats amazing. soo automatic zetec's will be taking out SVT's if you manual shift them

I have seen MANY Z24's at the track and the only ones I have seen running 15's or 16's for that matter have been highly modified. the same day I ran my 16.8 that is in my sig the best time for a Z24 was low 17's I think it is highly unlikely that EVERY Z24 I see at route 66 has been a bad driver... and I feel either Demon is full of s**t about his times and his wife's or the track he has run at runs down hill.

Demon please come to the National meet bring your wifes car I would be more than happy to show you how slow the Z24 really is... consider this a small challenge... put your money where that big mouth of yours is. and yes this will take place at a REAL drag strip if demon is man enough to come out and play.
thank you that is all.

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Demon's right, click here if you don't believe, it's an edmunds test on eco cars. Directly from article
Quote:

It's zero-to-60 time was a neck-straining 7.9 seconds, more than ½ second ahead of the next closest competitor. That same advantage held through the quarter-mile with the Chevy posting a 16.2-second quarter mile time at 85 mph. Just to put things into perspective, we'll tell you that those numbers are better than a V8-powered Lincoln LS or Audi A6 2.8. Oh, and did we mention that our car was equipped with an automatic transmission?

Now granted this was a 2000 model year Cavalier but do you really think that the quarter mile would be worse after 3 years of refinement. And not just that but in order for you to keep up it would have to be .6 seconds slower.

Also I've seen Demon's wife's car, it was a clean little thing (for a chevy). And I definatly think he probably knows what he's talking about.

(also as an interesting side note the Focus placed second in the competition, they take some shots at the Contour while praising the Focus, and they also praise the Mtx-75 as the best tranny in the competition)

Last edited by rmcd79; 02/12/03 10:48 AM.

Ryan '99 T-Red SVT, KKM, Borla, 1387 of 2760 '92 T-Red F-150 Flareside 4.9, 5 spd '94 Geo Prizm, it was cheap
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Yep the track is slighty down hill. ohh wait, nope i do believe last time we talked about KCIR its accutally sligly uphill and its probably the worst track i have ever been at. I have driven a many Z24's and stock vs stock it will smoke a Zetec auto. As in smoke i mean win. remember "I doesn't matter if you win by a inch or a mile, Winning is winning." And i would love to see a video of a Zetec'd contour keeping up with a Z24.

And on that note, Thank you that is all!!!!

#545250 02/12/03 10:52 AM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
oh my gawd someone else is alive this early in the morning?

Ryan '99 T-Red SVT, KKM, Borla, 1387 of 2760 '92 T-Red F-150 Flareside 4.9, 5 spd '94 Geo Prizm, it was cheap
#545251 02/12/03 11:00 AM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by rmcd79:
oh my gawd someone else is alive this early in the morning?

ya i woke up just to reply to this stupid post

#545252 02/12/03 11:13 AM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
What's worse, I've stayed up all night to reply.
after homeworks finally done ======

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Post deleted by Lance Kinley

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by str8pipe:
STUPID POST??? YOU HAVE SOME FU(KING NERVE....and thank you Hector for your input and for others THAT KNOW HOW TO FU(KING DRIVE....we are all here to learn, this is the purpose of the board. to single someones post out and call it STUPID?? i need to drive my ZETEC straight up your @$$ just so you will know first hand....

Your post is stupid.

You are lying through your teeth and street racing. Two obviously stupid things...

You claim to walk a Z24 with an ATX Zetec which is an utter load of bull sh~t. 130HP/130TQ Zetec in a 3000lb car with a POS ATX vs a 150HP/155TQ Twin Cam in a 2600lb car with an extremely efficient ATX.
Complete BULLSH~T!!! Even these simple numbers show you don't stand a chance. ATX or MTX... Heck ATX Duratec even... An MTX Duratec would be given a run for it's money in the first 2 gears!

The times I claimed for either 3rd gen Z24 are very accurate. My wife's last LS (2.4L ATX) ran 15.8's at the local POS track (meaning several tenths quicker at a real track) and her new Z24 feels almost just as quick with half the mods. (the better tires surely help)

I'll gladly smoke any Zetec that wants to be foolish enough to line up against it. (like I said sans nitrous)

Then I'll get out my slow SVT and we'll see how many stripped out Zetec's (even with nitrous) want to still play.

So I strongly suggest you STFU and get a clue. It's obvious you are lying your ass off and the facts point it out plain as day.

So sit down, shut up, and grow the hell up...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Post deleted by Lance Kinley

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard