Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Excellent, this will be one of my first spring mods, along with a couple others of course

Thanks for the How-to!

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by ElKy:

the LEDs are $4.99/ea

Ouch! shop online bro. save urself alota loot. lol.

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
it was a quick thing...
didnt want to order them...just wanted them now!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
LOL i do the same thing , i just dont have patience to wait .

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by DanKBud:
anyone know how to get rid of the damn 12 second delay on the lights? it annoys me when i turn on my alarm cause my alarm will beep 4 times indicating sometyhing is not right (detecting a light is left on) and it psss' me off.... btw, i succeeded in taking a resistor out of the master control switch and now the LEDs are way brighter not blinding bright, but perfect brightness.

my clifford alarm does the same. the manual says that it may do this w/ delayed lighting. if its late at night, i'll wait til the lights go off then arm it.

also neat mod. i love my mystique rear light, though.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I guess I don't follow what everyone is complaining about the 12 sec delay and their alarms.. My alarm has the current sensor as well. If the interior lights are on after i get out of the car and the full delay time hasn't passed when i activate the alarm, the alarm overrides the 12sec delay and shuts them off when the alarm is activated. Then let's say if you lift up on the door handle after the alarm is activated, and the interior lights come on, then the alarm goes off and the light stay on for the 12 sec or until i press the button on the remote and kill the alarm, they go off.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Mine doesnt shut off the light, it just detects that something is on and beeps 4 times if i arm it when the light is still on. which sometimes i do wait, but its freakin cold so lately as soon as i get out i arm it. then Chirp Chirp Chirp Chirp! damn light. LOL.

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
WOW!! Those look good I want to that to mine sometime. Glad to see you worked it out. I remember running that wire. Good times.

>>>The beatings will continue until morale improves.<<<<<< 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Sadly the SVT and Jeep have moved on to better homes.
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by flummox:
Originally posted by lardy:
Originally posted by flummox:

That looks nice!

If it had the theater lighting effect of dimming slowly when the 12 seconds are up.. that would be really sweet!

There was a topic on the old board about theater lighting but nothing ever came of it. Has anyone tried it since? That would be something I would like to do to my SVT. 12 seconds of light then dim to go off.

There is a unit called "IL-2 Fader". Do a google seach for it and you'll turn up a few automotive places selling them. I think they are around $20 or so. They provide an 8 second delayed 12V supply at a 2A draw max.

Surely someone here can come up with a quick design for a diode and cap system that will do the same thing? Paying $20 for this thing is like getting robbed.

I've searched the archives and haven't found any details on building your own.

L.

Anyone with electrical skills willing to give it a try?

Anyone??

1999 Silver Ford SVT Contour Assembled 08/06/1999 - #2555 of 2760 formerly known as flummox
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Hmm.. ok the IL-2 Fader wont work with the 12 second delay.

With all the mods people are doing I am suprised no one at all has tried this. Oh well..

1999 Silver Ford SVT Contour Assembled 08/06/1999 - #2555 of 2760 formerly known as flummox
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard