Next Thread
Print Thread
#542896 02/08/03 07:30 PM
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
OK, for over a year now the front passenger door has had some issues. Mainly, went entering the car, you must lift the handle when pulling to get it to open. Now with the freezing weather of the Northeast, it won't open at all some days. It's not frozen shut because all the other doors will open fine. Whatever latching mechanism(or releasing) that was causing me to lift when opening must now be frozen in place or totally busted or something. The door opens on warmer days, but I'm still real hesitant to use it. It got stuck open once for about 20 mins. Anyone have any ideas what I need to do here? Thanks!

Rob T. 95 Ford Contour GL Zetec Engine Inherited from my dad, so no mods at all. One sweet ride though!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Lubricate the latches. Lubrication will keep the water away from the parts that may be freezing. In a pinch, even WD40 works, but it isn't my favorite lubricant for this sort of thing. Avoid grease that is too thick or it will also be sluggish in cold weather. Super Lube, Tri Flow, or LPS should work well.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard