Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Just wanted to share with you fellow contour owners the a** kicking I recieved from a friendly M3 driver. I'm not talking about the typical m3 beating, I mean the guy just killed me not once but twice. I think my plans of forced induction will be thrown out the window in favor of one of these cars (wrx sti, 03 cobra, srt-4) comments are welcome, as is some of the old timers and new timers meeting up somewhere. BTW, losing to an M3 is not the reason I want to get rid on the mighty tour I'm just ready for something else. Later

98.5 black svt
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
man, that must've sucked. what year bimmer? I wouldn't blame you for wanting one of those other cars, although all three are totally different from eachother. I'd love to get me an STI, but i'd keep my svt.

BTW, where and how've you been?

B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
It was an e36, but I'm not sure if it was 98 or 99. I've been on the boards I just don't post very much (school and work). I need to run at HRP to see if something is wrong w/ the car. I've raced e36's before, but they didn't put 5 lengths on me.
Hope the wife and baby are well. later

98.5 black svt
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Must insert disclaimer here: This race happened at a sanctioned event right?

Because if it was street racing, I will have to lock this

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Just delete the race part. I only intended to talk to some old members I haven't seen in a while and get some opinions on the three cars I listed.

98.5 black svt
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Eric L:

Could you explain to me in a private message, what all the hoopla, legal ramifications and whatnot of merely posting about alleged occurances on streets, which may or may not be considered an illegal speed contest is on this message board? If you can't answer, forward it to Lance.

It just seems too whiney to me.

Example:

One time, I may or may not have pulled up next to an M3 at a stoplight of unknown locale, where I proceeded to perform an aggressive start and outaccelerate the M3 to the speed limit, and quite possibly beyond, however I can neither confirm or deny any such event happening nor confirm or deny this story has any truth...

See how boring and "PC" it is? There is a fine line between protecting one's ass, and being suppressors of a community voice.

*Edit Well nevermind. Just read the rules. Oh well.

I can't play by the rules, so I won't play the game here. Enough said.

Goodbye, and thanks for the site the past few years. It was invalueable. If any of the SCCEGers wanna keep in touch, matt @ scoriox.com or Scoriox6 on AIM.

Ciao.

Last edited by Scoriox; 02/05/03 06:08 PM.

~Scoriox
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Scoriox:
Originally posted by Eric L:

Could you explain to me in a private message, what all the hoopla, legal ramifications and whatnot of merely posting about alleged occurances on streets, which may or may not be considered an illegal speed contest is on this message board? If you can't answer, forward it to Lance.

It just seems too whiney to me.

Example:

One time, I may or may not have pulled up next to an M3 at a stoplight of unknown locale, where I proceeded to perform an aggressive start and outaccelerate the M3 to the speed limit, and quite possibly beyond, however I can neither confirm or deny any such event happening nor confirm or deny this story has any truth...

See how boring and "PC" it is? There is a fine line between protecting one's ass, and being suppressors of a community voice.

*Edit Well nevermind. Just read the rules. Oh well.

I can't play by the rules, so I won't play the game here. Enough said.

Goodbye, and thanks for the site the past few years. It was invalueable. If any of the SCCEGers wanna keep in touch, matt @ scoriox.com or Scoriox6 on AIM.

Ciao.

I'm sorry you feel this way. These rules have been around for quite some time now.

At first I didn't agree with them, but then I realized how it makes this site so much more mature and no posts everywhere about I raced X-car Y-number of times and here is the results.

I know you have been around for some time, I'm sorry to see you go over something like this.

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
suppressing the "community voice"?
ghey

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I would go with the STI or the Cobra. Avoid the Dodge for now...maybe next year's model. Give it a year and find out what the kinks are. mmmmm M3.

'95 GL White I've got mods.

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard