Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
i just said screw it and made an appointment to take it in. but after driving it another day i have come to the conclusion that it is definatly a vibration (a bad one at that) and not the engine. plus i talked to a lincoln service guy who is a family friend and he said if i had any valve train problems, my oil would be dirty, the car would run like crap, and chances are that i would have smoke. and so far the only thing i notice is rough idle. so i guess the only way to know for sure is to let them take a hack at it.

N
OP Offline
N
ya i was wrong and so was the mechanic that i talked to the thing is junk. anybody want to explain what i have to do to do the 3.0 conversion

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
So what exacty went wrong. I'd be curious to know what the sound was. Sorry to hear about the problem.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
N
OP Offline
N
not sure yet, all the lovely dealership said was that they "scoped it" my internals were junk and that it was going to run me $5400, i am offically open for any and all suggestions. as far as damage goes i will no tommorrow all the details these a$$es called me to tell me that as they were closing and wouldn't go into detail as to what had happened. the noises....well it started off as a rapid low pitch tick, and from there it sounded like a vibration and an occasional tick, and then this morning it sounded like the motor was ready to jump out of the hood. details will be in tommorrow and if i start tearing into it i will post pics, as it is my only form of transportation besides my motorcycle so i need to fix is ASAP because riding a crotch rocket in the mid teen temperature air with snow sounds like as much fun as blowing up my 2.5

N
OP Offline
N
okay talked to the mechanic that worked on it, he said i had a bent/cracking rod. possible a casting flaw. believe it or not, at 70,000 miles the dealership is actually going to try and go to bat for me, so some ford field engineer is coming in on tuesday of next week to take a peek at her. hey even if they kick in half or whatever i guess that is good....even though i wanted to do a 3.0 conversion. he also said this was a stress thing no sign of oil starvation and no damage to the top end...which is good because i can't imagine getting a head job to these things is a cheap date,

G
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
G
On teh 2.5 L duratech the ticking noise could be coming from teh plug boots, This was the case on my engine i pulled out the plug wires and teh boto on one of tehm was fried. it ahd a white kinda burned sopt on the side, the ticking was actailly the arc of electricity jumping to the engine block, and this in tunr did not give the spark plug any spark and casued the engine to idle really rough. I'd check that out this engine only had 80,000 miles on it. hope this helps ya out

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard