Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Well, I finnaly got the timing belt done and the car seemed to be running great and then I went to put it into drive and I have nothing. I don't really know what the problem is seeing that I just lost everything at one time. I've spent the past few hours searching the archives and this doesn't sound like any of the other problems that other people have had. It never had any problems before. I've changed the fluid on a regular basis, checked the fluid and its showing that it is 2 quarts over full. It wasn't that way when I changed it. I've never had any problems with it slipping or excessivly hard shifting either direction, up or down. I don't know what the problem might be. I was thinking maybe either torque converter clutch, VSS, or maybe another sensor. Well maybe someone out there knows what might be the problem or has a good source where I can get a used tranny for cheap.
If its gonna cost like $2400 to fix it I might as well just burn the damn thing and start walking cause it would be 6-months before I could even come close to getting that kind of money.
One more thing I have a 98 contour LX 4-cyl ATX with 115,000+ miles on it.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by crshnrun; 02/02/03 08:15 PM.

98 ford contour CAI Strait pipe from cat back lots of neon future plans include Turbo and NOS and a body kit
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Without any codes it would be hard to even speculate on what it could be. I am not familiar with the problem that you had before.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I am not going to say that this is definately your problem, but it sounds like what happened to me. All of a sudden I had no gears, forward or reverse. When I took it to Ford, they said it was either the torque converter going out or the transmission range sensor. The sensor tells the cpu what gear or position the transmission is in. It was $30 and some change, only took about 10 minutes to switch it out. It sits right on top of the tranny.

Next time it does it to you, try this....with your foot on the brake, slowly go through the full range of the transmission. P - 1, and back again. Do this a couple of times. It should come back.

I hope this helps.

Beaz
'97 Contour

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard