Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#536886 02/01/03 03:39 PM
U
OP Offline
U
Hey guys this is my first post and I need a hand with installing 4 5x7's for my girlfriend's 2000 contour with power locks and windows. I looked at a lot of the post for removing the door panel, but most of the stuff is for pre 2000 contours and people with non-power locks/windows. I took out the screws on the sides, bottom and underneath the caps that I could find which were behind the door lever, on the lower right hand part of the door panel, and one on the piece covering the wires for the mirror, removing that small panel. I'm under the impression that it has to be lifted up and out at that point, but it just sticks at the top. Is there something else i have to do to release the motor unit? or did I simply miss a screw or two. I'm going to go mess around with it some more. I also need to remove the rear doors if those are any different let me know.

Thanks in advance

O
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
O
sounds to me like you missed a few screws. Did you get the ones in the door handle? Hope this helps

98 Contour GL CTA intake Ford Motorsport 9mm wires Hightower rear strut tower brace Bat Rear sway bar 16x7 sport edition tekno removed res. Summit turbo muffler compustar security
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Here's a pretty good How To from Crutchfield. Linky...

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
so u disconnected the power switches then tried to lift it. i know mine seems to stick at the top too. i just give it a nudge, assuming u did get all the screws. did u pop off the door handle, i dont mean the door lever/switch to open/close.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
hey bro, this is what you do, when you take off the door panels, there should be about 6-7 screws on each door, and some are covered with a plastic cap. once you unscrew all the screws, you lift the door panel up and towards the window, because at the top of the panel, it clips on in a few places. as far as the window motor, leave it stationary, and push the actual button you roll the window down with up and over. i hope this helps you out, and it is much easier putting the door panel on then taking it off, if you have any more questions, you can e-mail me at Foursquare0404@aol.com. i installed all new speakers in my 2000 mystique, hopefully it is the same as your 2000 contour, well, thats my 2 cents. late

Dr.Eon

if anyone in the bay area has events or knows of contour events pme me

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard