Next Thread
Print Thread
#532872 01/28/03 03:07 AM
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
i am looking at taking my car in on a dyno we only have dynos at work for bare engines is there one locally and what does it cost and can they tune your car if it is not tuned right like air to fuel ratio? just curious thanks

Last edited by SILVER SVT; 01/28/03 03:07 AM.

NEW TOY 2000 FORD F150 HARLEY DAVIDSON PICKUP (FROM FLORIDA AND ONLY HAS 30,000 miles )(and stock NOT FOR LONG) ( Gone as of 11-25-03) 2000 Silver Frost Svt Contour With Stuff
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I wish we could get into the new Driveability Test Facility in Allen Park.

"The Jacobs Sverdrup DTF is a $120 million, 225,000-square-foot testing facility that can simulate environmental characteristics of almost every altitude or climate on the planet.

The facility can perform unique tests that previously could be performed only on the road, said Richard Beumer, vice chairman of Jacobs Engineering Co.

"DTFâ??s advanced test capabilities are allowing Ford to move testing from the road to the laboratory," Beumer said.

The DTF includes three wind tunnels, three chassis dynamometer rooms, vehicle environmental conditioning cells, vehicle preparation areas and offices.

It can simulate conditions including temperatures of minus 40 degrees to 131 degrees Fahrenheit, altitudes of 280 feet below sea level to 12,000 feet above and 0 to 150 mph winds."

http://www.heritagesunday.com/auto/20030126N01ALK1.asp?ID=143

Wish I could help you out. I don't know that my car will ever see a dyno.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
It's not listed in your mod list and you haventt mentioned it.... so i am gonna assume you have no management system or chip that can be custom tuned. With a stop setup you cannot dyno tune your car.

98 3.0 svt: Sold
S
S
I tuned my S-AFC at the following location:

Advanced Chassis Dyno
36760 Metro CT
(Sterling Heights ?)
810-795 4600 (the area code might be 586 now.. I think they changed in that area).

It's between Mound Rd and Van Dyke, at the height of 16th mile.

They were all right. To tune your car (air fuel ratio) you must have some mean to affect the mix like an Apexi S-AFC, Greddy e-manage or some kind of MAF optimizing device. They don't burn chips for our cars.

I think the price were as follow: 75 $ for 3 base dyno pulls, +25 $ if you want O2 readings.

For tuning, it was
1- 100$ for 1st hour
2- 75$ for additional hours
3- add 25$ for 02 readings.

It seems high but they only charged me one hour an a half although I was on the dyno for 2h if not more.

Hope this helps!

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
If I remember correctly, there is a guy that lives in Taylor ( I think it is) That runs a dyno tuning place out of his house. He's called "DYNO Dave" from what I've heard. I'll see if I can find out more details. I know he has the dyno in his garage, and does custom tuning. I'll see what I can find out.

Paul '95 Midnight Red SE V6 MTX mods Midnight Red Contour --Repainted w/ Scarab Red Pearl--
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Originally posted by MIdnight95SE:
If I remember correctly, there is a guy that lives in Taylor ( I think it is) That runs a dyno tuning place out of his house. He's called "DYNO Dave" from what I've heard. I'll see if I can find out more details. I know he has the dyno in his garage, and does custom tuning. I'll see what I can find out.

I kinda know him and your right, its run out of his garage. Him and his Dad built an 86 turbo coupe w/ a 347 S/C that ran an 11.01 right out of the box and after (2) runs, ran a 10.80. Also they did all the work right at their house, just the two of them. Now they have a stroker in there based on a 351! Another place to go is Paul High Performance out in Jackson, MI. This place is first rate, clean and knowledeable

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
T
T
I used Advanced Chasis and I loved it....

I was on the thing for like 3 hrs..........did 19 pulls and I only got charged about 175 if i remember correctly.....
He runs deals sometimes so you just have to call and find out....

I live by Dyno Dave's and I have heard some good things about him.......He does a lot of drag/race cars so he knows what he is doing.....

-TC

It is all about the CAR - NOTHING else matters!!
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Its funny you guys are talking about the allen park driveablity. Thats where my dad works. I just found that interesting.

1998 T-Red SVT (SOLD) #4230 BOD-12/5/97 99 3L and stuff 2003 Jaguar X-Type

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard