Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
That's the color I want to do my dash (and calipers). Where did you buy the paint and what is the "name" of that blue? I know you probably posted this before. I'm just being lazy. Thanks!!!

damn you still haven't painted your calipers yet??????
come on what's the matter with you?????

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
M
CEG'er
CEG'er
M
It took 2-3 of paint and 3-4 of clear coat...I took everything i could out of the dash, took apart the clock...Was really east, most time consuming was drying, i must have put tons of layers of paint and clear....Post some pictures if you do it..What color you thinking???

Matt

'97 Pumice Zetec Sport- 'At least its not a geo!'
G
Gouch Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
when ever I do, do it, its going to be as close to midnight Blue as posible, so it matchs my seats.

I'll have to take pics of at least that soon.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Chris you're mean!!! LOL Sorry, I was waiting to see what color I would paint my dash and match the calipers. So THAT'S why I waited so long....that and it's cold outside!

'95 GL White I've got mods.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by GLChick'95:
Chris you're mean!!! LOL Sorry, I was waiting to see what color I would paint my dash and match the calipers. So THAT'S why I waited so long....that and it's cold outside!

ok ok i guess it being cold outside is a good excuse this time...lol..

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
M
I am Canuckian
I am Canuckian
M
I've done my dash. I went to the local Car Quest and had them make me a spray bottle of viynal (sp) paint. I had them colour match it to my midnight red exterior. I sprayed all the little pieces seperately and out of the car. I took the clock apart as well as the defrost and traction control buttons. Also I lightly sanded all the pieces and then washed them with a special product. It was similar to alcahol but made for plastic. This was required to get this paint to stick evenly. No clear coat was needed. The out come was awsome IMHO.
As for the person asking about traction control on the post 98's. IIRC there were a few made with it. Therefor there is a switch somewhere in proction that would swap in should you wish to do a bezel swap. Failing being able to source one locally you could alway order the swicth from over seas.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard