Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
my trunk seal is damaged from some water that got under into the trunk seal area and then froze. I went to a touchless carwash the otherday and when i checked inside the trunk it was fairly wet.

what can i do?

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Replace it!!!!!

Also, check if your trunk itself seems to be even with the car all around. I know I miss aligned my trunk when I slammed it on some ice.

If you want to check where the problem is: Put something on the weather stripping like some liquid or jell. Put it on lightly, then close the trunk. Let it wit for like 5 mins. then open the trunk and see where the substance didnt touch the trunk.

'00 Focus ZTS, 5spd: BONE STOCK!!!!! Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare. www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
hmm yeah the right side seems to be up a little bit higher. probably from slamming it on some ice.. so can i fix misalignment? i really dont' want to replace it..

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
First of all, are you talking, your trunk is wet or just the ledge of the trunk, right below the rear window?

If the trunk itself is wet, then Check if the whole ride side is uneven with the car. If it is, then you should be able to. If you don't want to replace the trunk(which I wouldnt do, just for a leak). I would replace the weather stripping, see if that cures the problem. If it does, good. then you are done. If not, there are other options:

1. Go to Menards, Home depot, etc. and find some addition weather stipping. Put it on top of the existing weather stripping and see how that works.

or(what I did) 2. Wash the car by hand and don't use pressure jets(lke car washes).

If the ledge is wet, it's not a big deal, every car gets wet there.

'00 Focus ZTS, 5spd: BONE STOCK!!!!! Buy American or apply for Japanese welfare. www.geocities.com/fordcontour05/contour.html
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
yeah the inside trunk is wet, i'll play around with it some more and see if i can fix the alignment.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard