Page 1 of 2 1 2
#520310 01/11/03 12:54 AM
T
tflork Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
most of the articles up here deal with the "blower switch only working in the high position". well i have a slightly different problem... the switch is *stuck in the high position. meaning that i can't move it lower. feels like it's blocked by something. i feel like it's my fault because it only worked on high for a week while i kept putting off the simple damn repair ( ).

so anyway... i got two questions for anyone willin to donate their time...

1) could this also be caused by the resistors behind the glovebox? im going to replace those this weekend when i get a chance and i want to know what to hope for...
2) if all else fails - how do i take the switch out to look behind the scene? how difficult is it to disassemble the panel?

this is a 95 LX 2.5L ATX by the way...

ok on a slightly different (yet related) issue, i went in for a recall recently:
00S44 Recall - Engine Cooling Fan Electronic Fuse Installation

Could someone explain to me what the recall deals with? the reason i want to know is that i had some work done under the fuse box where the electrician said 'something had burned through the wires and created a short circuit'. just curious if these two things are related... and if they are, it's a good thing i kept the receipt

TIA guys

-Thomas

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Blower resistor pack and the wires close to it get replaced because they cause the fan speed switch to melt. It may get stuck like yours or still move, same problem.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Ford Technician here:
It is not that difficult to do but to have the recall done take it to your dealership. It is recall 01S22. I just did it to my 98 on thursday it took 15 minutes so you can probably wait while they do it.

1998 contour V6 ATX Black

1998 Contour V6 se ATX Black Bassanni w/o resinators, modified intake box, DMD New headlights w/ silverstar 9005's, blue neons inside, metal waterpump, pioneer head, pioneer 5x7 3 ways,2 10" subs, 800w amp, 17x7.5 motegi mr12 p215/45/17
G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
We usually cover the blower switch under the 01s22 recall, even if it is broken by the owner. As for your 00s44, its nothing more than a set of circuit breakers to keep from burning up the fan if it seizes. It only applies to one type of fan, and the dealer will have toinspect it. About your wiring, you may qualify for recall 99mo7 (i think thats it) it gives you coverage for your underhood wiring harnesses. Check at the dealer.

Z
Z
Hey everyone, I just started having the same problem with it only working on HIGH (4) as well, so this is something Ford will cover and all I will have to do is bring my car in for the repairs?

Dj

T
tflork Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T

thx for all your replies guys

I did the 00s44 recall, and while having it done i found out that the previous owner cancelled the warranty. therefore all I could get are safety recalls: is the 01s22 a safety recall? I don't see it anywhere on this website :

http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/95194180.html

as to the 99m03 (almost right ) i see it under 'general recalls' so i guess im not covered .

noone answered the question whether or not the 00s44 has anything to do with wires under fuse box...?

Thomas

R
R
My 99 Mystique was not covered by the recall. However, the part is about $10 and fairly easy to replace.

Z
Z
Ok, thanks for the replies I appreciate it.

Dj

H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by tflork:
most of the articles up here deal with the "blower switch only working in the high position". well i have a slightly different problem... the switch is *stuck in the high position. meaning that i can't move it lower. feels like it's blocked by something. i feel like it's my fault because it only worked on high for a week while i kept putting off the simple damn repair ( ).

so anyway... i got two questions for anyone willin to donate their time...

1) could this also be caused by the resistors behind the glovebox? im going to replace those this weekend when i get a chance and i want to know what to hope for...
2) if all else fails - how do i take the switch out to look behind the scene? how difficult is it to disassemble the panel?

this is a 95 LX 2.5L ATX by the way...

ok on a slightly different (yet related) issue, i went in for a recall recently:
00S44 Recall - Engine Cooling Fan Electronic Fuse Installation

Could someone explain to me what the recall deals with? the reason i want to know is that i had some work done under the fuse box where the electrician said 'something had burned through the wires and created a short circuit'. just curious if these two things are related... and if they are, it's a good thing i kept the receipt

TIA guys

-Thomas

I had exactly the same problem this weekend. I have a 1997 Contour LX V6 2.5L. I brought it into Ford and they fixed it for free! It was part of the recall. The control switch and the wire harness was melted. The fan resistor was fine though...so they didn't change that.

HE-MAN

My Big Black Mamma!

T
tflork Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
this is the 00s44 recall we're talking about ? the electronic fuse installation thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard