Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
no sorry.
Theres a link at the top of the page. It looks amost identical to the stock shifter. Except the throws are way shorter.

i dont have my SVT anymore so i can't go take a pic of it in. sorry

I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
The shifter rocks!

Had it in for 6 mths now.
U can make some d.. quick shifts with it.

You might be interested in seing this:

Car:'97 1.8 mk2 Saloon Diamond White Mods: Magnecor KV85 | Clear Side Repeaters | Debadged | Steeda short shifter (1st in a Mondy) | Cougar knob | dropped 40mm on AP springs and System2 struts | 4x Alpine SPS6939 6x9 speakers |
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
I am looking for smoother shifting.. will this help? I am looking for a shorter shifter though.

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
the only question left to ask is where did you guys order from? CTAmotorsports and steeda have the same price

2001 Mustang Bullitt Dark Highland Green #0048 Performance by Ford Racing, Bassani, SLP, H&R and etc. Former owner of a 99 Silver Frost SVT GetOnItRACING
M
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
M
yeah, no offence to people who have the shifter. But unless you actually get into the tranny and can change the length of the shift, the "short throw shifter" is a waste of money
the cheapes thing to do is honestly take a hack saw to your shifter and cut if to please because it is better then wasting the $100 on a pointles mod.

Cars: 95 Monte Carlo, No Mods RIP: 88 Civic, Intake DIED TO A BENZ Sold: 82 Buick Electra, AKA: Love Machine 2RF HE's w/ Pioneer DEH-P6300 All of which will be in the Monte at the begining of next month.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
some of u r under the wrong impression. the steeda IS a true short shifter. the b&m simply has a shorter stick. below the pivot point its same as stock. the steeda is not the same as stock below the pivot point.

those r great pics. it shows the shorter stick AND the shorter shift position.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i've also read that some have used the stock plate that is removed and modified it to be used as the riser plate. i believe its plastic so i'd prefer to do one from wood or if possible metal.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
That is some CRAZY camera trickery! Well i'm convinced. Where is the best place to get one?

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I

Just a little info:

I'm the one who first did an install of the Steeda shifter in a contour/mondeo!
and as for this

Quote:

yeah, no offence to people who have the shifter. But unless you actually get into the tranny and can change the length of the shift, the "short throw shifter" is a waste of money

U might want to look at the below picture.

There is a reason for that raiser plate!

The Steeda is the first TRUE short shifter for our cars!

And as for the link to my original post for the install:

Steeda install post on CEG

and this next one on MEG:
Steeda on MEG

If u still have questions, feel free to ask.

The shifter rocks!
I can't imagine living without now.......

Car:'97 1.8 mk2 Saloon Diamond White Mods: Magnecor KV85 | Clear Side Repeaters | Debadged | Steeda short shifter (1st in a Mondy) | Cougar knob | dropped 40mm on AP springs and System2 struts | 4x Alpine SPS6939 6x9 speakers |
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by myotherleg:
the cheapes thing to do is honestly take a hack saw to your shifter and cut if to please because it is better then wasting the $100 on a pointles mod.

The pivot bushing on the stock shifter is plastic and cheap. The pivot on the B+M and the Steeda is cast aluminum. This adds to the solid feel of the shifter. I have the B+M but the Steeda looks good. The stock shifter feels like sh!t as it is really sloppy. Ghetto-Modding the stock shifter by cutting it down will only give you a shortened sloppy shifter. Good Times either way. Have fun.

SVT Parts For Sale!PM Me. 2006 M6 Cyclone Gray GTO 1995 Mazda Protege Commuter Special 93 FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide I'm A TROLL Now!~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard