Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Lee:
Amanda, It might be cheaper to get you decklid fixed then to replace it. Fill the holes and reshoot the trunklid. Just my opinion.

That prolly would be cheaper. That's why I like you Lee, you're always thinkin'!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
well i went through the same problem wen i got rid of my stock wing...luckily i found a trunk at a local junk yard and i switch trunks with them free of charge although i was prolly getting ripped off but i needed it. patching the holes up would require welding in sheet metal rather than fiberglass work....it's stronger but but becomes unreliable and pricy... a couple hours of labor and having to paint the whole trunk lid would cost around $150+ depending on who you go to...!! CHECK the LOCAL JUNK YARDS i find stuff there all the time!!

Click here for Pics. Andre '99 SE Sport Custom body kit Corbeau Racing Seats CAI Eibach Springs CUSTOM KITS FOR SALE!!!
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
here check this site and enter tailgate/trunklid, tennessee for the state...there's a couple in there!!

car-part.com

Click here for Pics. Andre '99 SE Sport Custom body kit Corbeau Racing Seats CAI Eibach Springs CUSTOM KITS FOR SALE!!!
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Exactly!! I would rather have a new one seeing as how I might be getting rid of the SVT. I am really liking the new Mazda 6 and can get a good deal on a fully loaded one.
I mean 3.0L 220hp sounds good to me.

-Amanda- * 1998.5 CSVT Black/blue * Born on 6/11/98 * #6388 of 6535 * Aussie Mesh *Carbon Fiber Dash kit * 17in Velox VX-8's/Hankook Ventus * Brullen Baby!!!! * RVM Intake
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
It's all about the RX8 for me... I'm trying to figure out how I can keep the CSVT and grab an RX8...

--JamesT

>--------------< --Chemguru 99 CSVT Frost /Mid. Blue 00 Suzuki SV650 Red, Naked
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Oh an RX8 would be even better, but I can't afford one of those.

-Amanda- * 1998.5 CSVT Black/blue * Born on 6/11/98 * #6388 of 6535 * Aussie Mesh *Carbon Fiber Dash kit * 17in Velox VX-8's/Hankook Ventus * Brullen Baby!!!! * RVM Intake
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by thisgirls98.5SVT:
Exactly!! I would rather have a new one seeing as how I might be getting rid of the SVT. I am really liking the new Mazda 6 and can get a good deal on a fully loaded one.
I mean 3.0L 220hp sounds good to me.

I've driven one and honestly, the SVT feels faster. I mean I know its not but it was definitely less than impressive. This is the 3.0 we're talkin bout. It did look pretty good...but think how many other 6's are gonna be drivin around. The SVT has exclusivity that almost no other car has. You can get 220 outta a tour easy...just get exhaust and intake and your gettin closer. Optimize the TB and you're pretty much there. The only thing you would be lacking is torque...which oddly enough you can't feel in the 6.
><>David<><

1999 Chrome Yellow Mustang GT with black leather, dual chamber flowmasters, K&N drop in filter, mildly tinted windows... http://community.webshots.com/user/svtminiflea
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
David - Thanks for your input. I haven't driven one yet, but I love the look of the car. Reguardless of what I get I'm sure that I will still always prefer the Tour over it. The only reason I'm thinking of getting rid of it is because I have "New Car Syndrome."

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Well you could just do like i did, find someone without a spoiler and see if they want to trade. It werked great on mine!!!

B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
Sorry to hear that. Of course I am a spoiler kinda guy. I personally liked your ride with it. But what's my opinion worth anyway?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard