Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
I have a 95 mystique, suspension wise it is completely stock. I want to lower the the thing but my problem is that I live im Mississippi and they design speed bumps down here for full size trucks. In my car its like a "speed hill." I think that i will need something that is adjustable. I just have no idea on any of the stuff i will need. Any and all sugestions will be a great help. Plus i'm a college student and dont really have any money so cheapest options are the best. Thanks

95 Mystique Zetec ATX engine swap with a 96 Zetec 39" ZETEC Sticker on front windshield Dual Exhaust with flowmasters CTA cold air induction ACCEL ignition coil _______________________________ _
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Ground Control is the only adjustable setup. It is prettty expensive, too. Air bags would be even more expensive, they would have to be custom made.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
if you get adjustables your lookin to spend atleast $400

I haven't seen any cheaper yet...

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by JiggaJerry:
if you get adjustables your lookin to spend atleast $400

I haven't seen any cheaper yet...

That would be the Ground Controls, I forgot how much they cost

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
$419 most places, $399 if you can find a deal. Unfortunately, it hard to get significant discounts on Ground Controls. Remember you need to buy shocks as well.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
N
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
N
Thanks guys, that helps me out a lot. I dont know what direction im going to head into. I have thought about getting the SVT springs off of ebay because they seem to go pretty cheap too, then id just have to buy some shocks but i dont know if they would help much.

95 Mystique Zetec ATX engine swap with a 96 Zetec 39" ZETEC Sticker on front windshield Dual Exhaust with flowmasters CTA cold air induction ACCEL ignition coil _______________________________ _
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by Noghri:
Thanks guys, that helps me out a lot. I dont know what direction im going to head into. I have thought about getting the SVT springs off of ebay because they seem to go pretty cheap too, then id just have to buy some shocks but i dont know if they would help much.

1st...no suspension upgrade for your Stique is cheap, unless you get the BAT special $149 for 4 struts) and Roush springs ($120 I recall?) That will give you a slight drop, better/firmer ride than what you have now. You will be amazed at the difference, as the struts are Eruo spec equivalant or better than stock SVT struts. ABout $300 total for the above (and put'em on yourself. Take a weekend...save money)

2nd...your next step up is the BAT sport kit, but at $600 plus shipping...almost double the above.

3rd...Koni's will run you $600 for struts only, and you'll need to drop cash on springs. People talking ground controls are really talking foolishness for a college student who owns a Stique and spends more time in the library than on the race track.

4th...if you must...drive what you have and save for what you want. Everytime I've settled for less than what I trully wanted, I ended up spending more money and time doing it twice!

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
all the "cheap" springs dont really lower your car enough in my opinion

im lookin for a 1.5" drop atleast but dont got the money to spend $300-$400 on just springs

any ideas?

im lookin to go with only 15" rims so bigger tires is not something I want

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
so would the same apply for my '96 contour as also i am in college MN

Go Army My new home for awhile.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
anyone???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard