Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#501982 12/16/02 06:30 AM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I am contemplating on putting a screen in my csvt but the biggest problem is deciding where it should go. I would like it to be in plain view for all passengers, ideally from the front seat since i dont carry back seat passengers too often. I also do not want it to be clearly visible from the outside of the car for security reasons.
I played with the idea of putting them in the sunvisors (which seems the be the easiest and least obvious from the outside route) but requires me to buy 2 monitors. Then I though about customizing the accessory light fixture but that would block the rear view mirror. I suppose I could just lower the mirror about an inch or so. Also depending on how its built that could give the front seat audience an awkward veiw of the screen.
Then I've thought about putting it somewhere close to the radio and that thought process has led to the following questions. I know that would require alot of work so I figured I could use some outside suggestions.

How big is the the fixture behind the HVAC control knobs and is it possible to relocate them to the plastic contour label piece below the vents?

Does anyone know where I can get replacement fixtures surrounding the head unit and accessory lights?

N
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
N
Just buy a in-dash unit. Easy install and everybody can see it. alpine, clarion, pioneer, and panasonic all make great base units. my mystique has a empty bay below the cd player. if you have that just install it there.

1995 Mercury Mystique LS 2L 16V Zetec Engine Power everything Leather interior My Profile
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
In dash would be best install-wise. But there are some states that have a law against having a monitor in view of the driver. Might want to look into that.

Last edited by CRZYDRVR; 12/17/02 01:17 AM.

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
An in dash unit is too easy of a solution and besides are there head units with dettachable monitors? I want something a lil more creative to set my install apart from others. As far as the laws are concerned, that is something I need to look into. How do manufactures get away with putting a navigation screen in view of the driver or cadillac and their night vision camera?

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
what about some kind of sunshade monitor? it would appear to be just a sunshade but fold it down and watch whatever you want. peace.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
C
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by pupet89440:
An in dash unit is too easy of a solution and besides are there head units with dettachable monitors? I want something a lil more creative to set my install apart from others. As far as the laws are concerned, that is something I need to look into. How do manufactures get away with putting a navigation screen in view of the driver or cadillac and their night vision camera?

Good question

-Ken V. 1998.5 SE Praire Tan Zetec ATX psycho_bass@hotmail.com Roush springs Roush rear sway bar BAT struts 17" Millie Miglia HT3 and a ton of subtle asthetic mods
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
I will jump in with a quick reply. I, as some might know, have sceens my sunvisors. The istall is quite simple an only cost me around $600 for the dvd player, 3 screens (blew the first one ), an extra video wire, and a fm modulator.

If you want pic click on the link in my sig and enjoy.

If you have any ?'s just ask.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I am going to be installing one(maybe two) this spring. I decided to go with the visor LCDs from partsexpress($127 each, free shipping) so they can be out of sight when I am away from the car. They include the shroud(trim) for a clean look, but I may try to make the mirror cover go over it for a stock look. I want to put one in the driver side as well so I can play Vice City if I get bored(parked of course!) Mine will be mainly for show, so I'm not worried about the laws. If I wanted to stand out I would somehow remove the passenger airbag(but keep the part you see) and make a screen come up from inside the glove box, but appear stock when down.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by lmaoatmy95gl:
I will jump in with a quick reply. I, as some might know, have sceens my sunvisors. The istall is quite simple an only cost me around $600 for the dvd player, 3 screens (blew the first one ), an extra video wire, and a fm modulator.

If you want pic click on the link in my sig and enjoy.

If you have any ?'s just ask.

how did u blow a tv?

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
UMMMMMMMMM......... Long story short, I crossed a wire.

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard