Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bozack Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Well, seems like my string of bad luck continues with my 2000 SVT tour....

I just noticed today that my drivers side skirt is broken and I am not sure how it happened.

I know it was fine before the winter, and I believe it was fine a few days ago....

the only three things that could have caused it were:

1. When they put on my new fron tires something hit and then pulled on the skirt.

2. When I drove through the car wash something got lodged in it and pulled on it (however since I was sitting in the car I do not think this was a factor as I would have heard it)

3. Somoene tried to remove my sideskirt for their own personal use, didn't know what they were doing and broke it.

It is in a very awkward place, it is on the top of the sideskirt (where the edge meets the top of the rocker/door jam) right above the jackpoint cover in the front....and it looks like someone took a screw driver, wedged it between the body and the skirt and tried to pop it off, however instead of popping off it broke it and pulled the piece which was broken out.

I really don't know if I should complain to anyone about this as I have no idea where or when it happened other than it was something recent, and as far as doing anything about it I don't know what my options are as I know it won't be worth it to go through insurance seeing as my deductible is $500 and I cannot imagine that this piece costs more than that....

any advice would be apprecaited..

I really hate driving this as it seems every time I do either someone hits it, vadalizes it, or it breaks.

2000 Black Contour SVT Western/Central Massachusetts
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
that sucks...no way to fix it?

99 Mystique LS T-Red ATX Duratec Mods: Hella stereo Mods K & N air filter w/intake pipe www.sounddomain.com/id/jongordo8
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
People are selling skirts in the classifieds, check there, or maybe this is the perfect excuse to invest in a whole new body kit.

1995 Contour LX (ATX) KKM True Rev Sport Induction ( Video ) Alpine CDA-7894 / JBL 1200W AMP 12" MTX Subs 5x7 Alpine Mids Brullen mandrel bent quasi-dual exaust
B
Bozack Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Anyone know how much one Sideskirt costs??? preferably drivers side in black...or in primer so it can be painted.

Thanks.

B
Bozack Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
just checked www.fordpartsonline.com and for a black one they want $217....not really what i want to spend....I wish that I was sure it was the tire place that did it to my car as they are really the only ones that could.

J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Originally posted by bozack:
just checked www.fordpartsonline.com and for a black one they want $217....not really what i want to spend....I wish that I was sure it was the tire place that did it to my car as they are really the only ones that could.
Thats were I got mine over the summer.$240 shipped painted,looks good.Sold my broken one on Ebay for $60.

I AM WE TODD IT I AM SOFA KING WE TODD IT
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
sounds like when they put it on the lift it pushed the side skirt up and someone opened the door, it happened to me twice with my old se skirts, hey if you find svt skirts let me know, i ran into a pile of ice and snow and broke my pass. side svt skirt in half

96 se with svt ground effects and pre 98 svt front bumper, optimized tb, svt maf w/svt intake, daul exhaust, with no main cat,resonator, svt gauges and short shifter,reverse lockout removed,e1 svt rims

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard