Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by canamSVT:
Your right, the contour is made to take corners like no other but there is nothing wrong with
wanting your car to go faster.

I don't think he was trying to discourage people from getting more speed from the car, i think he was just warning people not to expect full, blown , muscle car power.

But a little more speed in the turns is a good thing too! I love it when I take take a windy back road and just blow by camaros and mustangs....and the occasonal lowered Honda.

Man hondas are slow..lol

roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by rozwell911:
Originally posted by canamSVT:

But a little more speed in the turns is a good thing too! I love it when I take take a windy back road and just blow by camaros and mustangs....and the occasonal lowered Honda.

Man hondas are slow..lol

roz

Any V8 Mustang or F-body will destroy you in any venue save perhaps the tightest AutoX courses. Track, twisties, straightline...they handle well enough that their power is overwhelming.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
O
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
O
AutoX more autox autox again more x x x again

Decide for yourself... i've seen numbers where the SVT beats Corvettes...then I've seen SVT's place last...

MY NEW HOBBY...RUINING CHRIS CROFTS LIFE...
L
Spammer
Spammer
L
ha ha, thats my point.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I find it baffling that this question is even being asked. Do people think these cars are that slow? I say learn how to drive your car. These things are so close to 14s in stock form that you should see 14s with mods. JMO. I plan to be as close to 14s as possible w/o putting a single performance mod on my car. Once modded, it won't even be in doubt.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
My first time on an autox course I SPANKED a Cobra w/ over 400 hp at the rear wheels!!

Of course that's because he went O/C six times...

Now owner of 0 SVT's. my web page
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
There are many factors that make a car fast and the track does not always come into play. I was at an SVTOA event this year at Indianapolis Raceway Park, which is a high speed track, and I was able to keep up with most Cobras in my group and I terrorized two Cobras by coming up on them so fast through corners. One poor guy missed his turn in point and ran off the track because I closed in on him so fast. Someone in a brand new 2003 Cobra could not pull away from me on the track lap after lap. My car is modded only to the tune of suspension, no engine work. Our cars kick ass on the track whether it be a high speed road course or a twisty one. Quarter mile, and our cars are usually outclassed, not totally embarrassed but definitely not the kings of the 1/4.
At the SVTOA event at Mosport I posted the fastest time for any car on street tires in an autocross course. The only two that beat me were Cobras on R compunds and that course was considered one that would equalize Cobras and Contours.
I can't wait to do some driveline mods to really terrorize Cobras.

Cheers!!
A

Last edited by SVTFern; 12/20/02 03:24 AM.

1999 SVT Contour Silver Frost Bassani,Ground Controls Street..17x7 Rage 5.0/Falken Azenis Sport 225/45/ZR17 Track...Kosei K-1 17x7.5 Avon Tech Ra 225/45/17/ Quaife/ SPEC Stage III/ Fidanza /Capaldi Racing 4.5 final drive/TCE Brake Kit 13"
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Or, you could just strip the car of its exterior, and run ito on the frame.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by SVTFern:
There are many factors that make a car fast and the track does not always come into play. I was at an SVTOA event this year at Indianapolis Raceway Park, which is a high speed track, and I was able to keep up with most Cobras in my group and I terrorized two Cobras by coming up on them so fast through corners. One poor guy missed his turn in point and ran off the track because I closed in on him so fast. Someone in a brand new 2003 Cobra could not pull away from me on the track lap after lap. My car is modded only to the tune of suspension, no engine work. Our cars kick ass on the track whether it be a high speed road course or a twisty one. Quarter mile, and our cars are usually outclassed, not totally embarrassed but definitely not the kings of the 1/4.
At the SVTOA event at Mosport I posted the fastest time for any car on street tires in an autocross course. The only two that beat me were Cobras on R compunds and that course was considered one that would equalize Cobras and Contours.
I can't wait to do some driveline mods to really terrorize Cobras.

Cheers!!
A

You see...I did things backwards....my driveline is done....now i need the suspension...lol....so i can almost terroise a cobra on an autocross....hey, you know any place i can ket konis online??? Its because of there price that i can't complet my suspension...i can get the Eibach kit for 124$....only becasue i work as a buyer in wholesale.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
You can get Koni's online at shox.com, it's a pretty good website if I do say so myself .

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard