Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Chris, you might have kinger's guy deck the heads a little more than usual to bump your compression too since this will be an N/A car.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Chris, you might have kinger's guy deck the heads a little more than usual to bump your compression too since this will be an N/A car.

Rick

Custom pistons are a better way of doing it though as valve to piston clearance is already a bit tight on our engines. You can always fly cut the stock pistons, but then you're getting into more custom machine work and weakening the stock pistons further by cutting them. Chris, at least finish any cam specs before building or modifying pistons as you may have to have them fly cut anyway to clear any higher lift cams or increase in duration.

My vote = open up the chambers to lower compression and unshroud the larger valves, then get larger domed custom pistons to raise the cr back up to 13 or 14:1. Siamese the intake runners, from the last curve of the UIM, through the LIM, to about 50mm or so into the head ports. Ditch the secondaries and guide bars. Long tube, tuned length headers are a must. If he doesn't have any, try http://www.burnsstainless.com for help designing and building some. There's a lot more you can do, if funds allow...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Brad, just a note on the compression, the World Challenge rules for touring cars state no higher than 12.5:1 (IIRC) or is it 12:1 compression ratio (??), stock bore and stroke. I still have to find out about the valve sizes, hopefully the sky's the limit.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Leo runs 12.5 Wiseco pistons...

Originally posted by cawong11:
Brad, just a note on the compression, the World Challenge rules for touring cars state no higher than 12.5:1 (IIRC) or is it 12:1 compression ratio (??), stock bore and stroke. I still have to find out about the valve sizes, hopefully the sky's the limit.

Ryan Trollin!
S
S
Chris,

Sorry about delay ihn posting -- been away. You might want to get in touch with the Mumm brothers who are also running a 2.5l Cougar, but in GrandAm Cup -- last I heard, they had one of Chris Reinke's enginetics-built engines potentially for sale. I believe their website is www.mummbrothers.com. Good guys & always been very helpful to me with advice (they did a lot of the original development work with Leo C.)

Mike

SCCA WOR/OVR/NEOh Regions Race Control Marshall #53 Silver Street Touring S '98 Contour GL; 2.5l-5 spd Koni Kit - Sport Struts w/progressive sport springs from HMS!! Custom 24-mm Rear Sway also from Terry BAT Camber/Caster through HMS PF Spherical Ball End Links Bridgestone S-03's Grizzly Clutch lightened SVT flywheel (Thanks KnuConceptz) DMD from incomparable Terry Haines! K&N & Dynomax Mintex pads Chris Hightower Rear Strut Tower Bar
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by SeiCoRacing:
Chris,

Sorry about delay ihn posting -- been away. You might want to get in touch with the Mumm brothers who are also running a 2.5l Cougar, but in GrandAm Cup -- last I heard, they had one of Chris Reinke's enginetics-built engines potentially for sale. I believe their website is www.mummbrothers.com. Good guys & always been very helpful to me with advice (they did a lot of the original development work with Leo C.)

Mike

Thanks Mike. Seems that one common factor here, Kinetic engines. Now if the budget had an open limit, we would contract them to build the engine. However, there is a limited budget for this project.

I'll contact the Mumm brothers. THX.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Can anyone recommend a brand for a stand alone engine management system? Looks like the owner of the race Contour would like to go this route too.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by cawong11:
Can anyone recommend a brand for a stand alone engine management system? Looks like the owner of the race Contour would like to go this route too.

How about an Electromotive Tech III?http://www.electromotive-inc.com/

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
http://www.electromotive-inc.com/

there, that works a little better

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Y2KBlack&BlueSVT:
http://www.electromotive-inc.com/

there, that works a little better

THX, a name was mentioned today during a conversation, electro......, and looks like the winner is electromotive.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard