Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MFE Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The parts list says Injector Nose O-rings which I can get, but also Upper Injector O-rings F5RZ-9229-AB and those are hard to get. Am I likely to really need them?

Also, FYI, the upper intake manifold gaskets are on national backorder until 2/18! Have to see if NAPA or someone carries them.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6, loaded
'98 Grand Prix GTP 14.88/91 bone stock, awaiting new times from 3.4 pulley, CAI, U-bend removal but it's creeping up on the...
Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101

3-time local class champion autocrosser

Racing school whore
K
K
i have a set of upper intake and egr valve gasket.anyone need one

T
T
Have to say yes to the injector 'O' rings,should be renewed every time they are out,too risky....I've been in car fires ...no fun....

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
P
P
NAPA told me the the UIM gaskets are "dealer only" parts. Fortunately, my local dealer had a set (for once). Every other time I drop by, they don't have squat for me, so I end up calling Bill Jenkins anyway.

1998 Silver Frost SVT Contour born on...8/28/01[/i]
American Iron Shootout Radial Tire 2 Class Champion, Cecil County Dragway April 20, 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by MFE:
The parts list says Injector Nose O-rings which I can get, but also Upper Injector O-rings F5RZ-9229-AB and those are hard to get. Am I likely to really need them?

Also, FYI, the upper intake manifold gaskets are on national backorder until [b]2/18
! Have to see if NAPA or someone carries them.[/b]

This is for the early side feed injector right?

If so there a 3 things you need, the injector to lower manifold seal, the injector nose o rings and the "big" injector top oring.

I have a set of those top o rings I never used (was going to rebuild, but then switched entirely to 19# mustang top feed).

Email me at lkauffma@pacbell.net and you can have them for whatever Bill Jenkins charged me for them. (I think all 6 were like 12 bucks?)

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard