Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Hi guys! I am they person who asked about where should I installed a pair JBL's...front or rear; well, i ended installing a pair of cerwin vega hed-1693 on the front and got so amazed by the sound, the i went to the store and bought a 2nd pair for the rear...however, there don't seem to be that space in the rear door; have anyone tried that? Thanks!

D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
you may have to cut some of 'the door out. thats what i did on another car, but then again i have never seen the door with our a panel on it

1994 Volvo 850 Turbo 1992 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.8 E4OD 1998 Contour GL 2.5 CD4E 2001 Montero Sport Limited 3.5 Auto 2002 IS300 3.0 Auto See My Cars
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I put 6x9's all around. You have two options with the rear doors. I cut a bit of the door metal away too make mine fit. Other members have cut the metal brace away to get it too fit. But yeah, you do have to cut and drill new holes.

Kendall Just another mid-engined troll '93 Toyota MR2 Turbo previously '97 GL Zetec ATX
J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Hi Kai and everybody! I think I will cut a little of metal sheet so the new speakers will fit; did you use any wood seat for the speaker? or bolt it directly to the metal.

Jus t curisoity, what type of speakers did you use? Thank you very much!

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
I used Pioneer Premiere TS-906. I also have a US Acoustics 65x4 USX 4065 amp that is currently putting 65watts to the front speakers and 135watts bridged to a single Apline Type S 8" sub in the rear deck. I let the headunit handle the rear 6x9s.

This is a pic I posted on the old forums for another member a while back. I actually ground out about where I marked in blue, so the speaker bracing could slid in. That will vary depending on the speaker, of course. Most people, however, grind that handle piece away, as marked in green.

Hope this helps!

Kendall Just another mid-engined troll '93 Toyota MR2 Turbo previously '97 GL Zetec ATX
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Oh, and I didn't use any wood or other spacer. It depends on the speaker, but mine are shallow enough to miss the windows.

J
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Wow with that pic Kai! Shure it will help. As soon as I get my speakers instaled (hope no longer than this week), i will post a pic too. Thanks again!

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard