Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
DEmonSVT says the g-tech is garbage but quotes one on his profile! P.s. He also hates crush bends btw.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
You seem to be the only person here enjoying this one-man pissing contest. So please end the mental masturbation and get on with things...

2003 Mustang GT 5-Speed, FMS 4.10 gears, Dr. Gas O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster cat-back, BBK CAI, C&L intake plenum, Accufab 75mm TB, Steeda Timing Adjuster - 13.70@102.23 (SOLD) 2000 Cougar V6 ATX with many mods - 15.93@86.97
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
A little advice. If you want people here to respect you; then dont come here as a new CEGer with NO proven prior knowledge of Duratech V6 and try to put down someone who is known for being one of the most knowledgable persons on this site. I think I speak for everyone when I say--If it's a flame war your looking for then take your posts elsewhere.

~~~~~~Mike~~~~~~ Black 2006 VW Rabbit Silver 2000 Contour SVT - SOLD ~~~~The Car~~~~~
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
I did get pissed because I went to Demon looking for advice and he was a bit harsh. Your right ,I'll lay off. Enjoy the forum guys! Back's better and I won't have much time home anyways.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Frankiehotdog:
I did get pissed because I went to Demon looking for advice and he was a bit harsh. Your right ,I'll lay off. Enjoy the forum guys! Back's better and I won't have much time home anyways.

Thank goodness, I was getting sick of seeing your ridiculous posts!!!!!!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Neither are as bad as you.

F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Hey FrankieHotDog, this section of contour.org is for DURATEC PERFORMANCE, genius. Post somewhere else.

98 contour SVT 03 focus SVT
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Frankie,
I'm not gonna put up w/ people intentionally stirring up crap. If you have a technical point relative to the forum, make it, otherwise leave.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Demon quotes a G-tech for his 60 foot time .

His quarter mile time however is quoted from KCIR, which I believe is Kansas City International Speedway. Indeed the way he has it posted on his profile is confusing.

The point I am sure he was trying to make was, the G-tech is not accurate for comparison from car to car, but is a decent way to judge improvements in performance from modification and to get a notalltogether accurate guage of your car's overall performance.

As far as you getting in a pissing match, I acted like a 14 year old at one time too. Mellow out man.

don't drink and drive.
#482263 11/18/02 10:01 PM
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Frankiehotdog:
DEmonSVT says the g-tech is garbage but quotes one on his profile! P.s. He also hates crush bends btw.

You'd think you might notice the foot note saying the 1/4 mile is done at the POS local track here and I'll gladly give you a link to my old dyno run (187+HP/169TQ) that was before headers, UIM, LIM, S-AFC, etc...

Also when testing with a G-tech you need to do atleast 3 runs - BOTH ways (6 runs total min) and average your times. Not just take the best time pointed down hill!

I never said the G-tech was garbage. Just a guesstimator and a decent one if used properly (which 95% of the people DO NOT do) It's great for self tuning and datalogging & definitely not very great for comparing against other people.
Heck even comparing track times is not very accurate considering every track is differently setup, elevations, temp & humidity, etc...

Oh & I do hate crush bends.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard