Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
OK, I'm getting a CD player for the Contour for my b-day, finally replacing the tape deck. Where can I get some good, relatively cheap speaker wires? I imagine I do need some new ones once I get my new speakers as well, correct? I remember a post on here about some CEGer that makes his own that are supposed to be really good. I'm just putting some Pioneer 6x8's in the front I think, so how many feet of wire do I need? Thanks.

Rob T. 95 Ford Contour GL Zetec Engine Inherited from my dad, so no mods at all. One sweet ride though!
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
If your not going super high-end with the stereo, I wouldn't even run the wire. IMHO you're better off buying the plug adapter to use so you don't have to cut any wires, and keeping the wire thats already there. Thats what I did and it sounds great. I'm running a Kenwood Exelon x815 which is 45x4, with 4 pioneer 3-way 6x9's.
Bass isnt the greatest but I have 2 12inch pioneers with a fosgate amp pushing 420 watts into them. It's not the loudest, but it sounds I always get compliments on the clearity of my set up.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I agree. I have a 4x50 watt rms amp powering the front and rear door speakers, (high pass only at around 100 hz) and the factory wiring seems to so just fine. Also I definatly agree on the harness. Not only does it make it much easier and cleaner, it's easy to fix if you wanna sell the car without the new speakers.

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by soccer2017:
OK, I'm getting a CD player for the Contour for my b-day, finally replacing the tape deck. Where can I get some good, relatively cheap speaker wires? I imagine I do need some new ones once I get my new speakers as well, correct? I remember a post on here about some CEGer that makes his own that are supposed to be really good. I'm just putting some Pioneer 6x8's in the front I think, so how many feet of wire do I need? Thanks.

Although at the moment you probably don't need to run new wire, if you decide to anyways:

www.knukonceptz.com

Cheap as hell and I've never seen higher quality wire. Yes all copper wire is just copper wire and will perform about the same, but this wire is flexible enough that you can almost tie the 12 guage like a shoelace. Very nice stuff. The owners name is Bill (KnuKonceptz on CEG) If you decide to install am amp in the future he has anything you could need for a contour. Send him a PM and he will help you out.

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Yes, Bill will help you out. Then he'll take all your money! I've spent ~200 bucks on the site so far and I'm just about to start working on my new car and re-doing my home theater system!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I've ordered from Bill at KnuKon and he is great to deal with and his prices are great.

He is still giving a CEG discount on his stuff right?

Money doesn't always bring happiness. People with ten million dollars are no happier than people with nine million dollars ~ Hobart Brown
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
I've ordered from Bill at KnuKon and he is great to deal with and his prices are great.

He is still giving a CEG discount on his stuff right?

I wondered that too, I sent him an email asking but I never received a reply.

That being said, his prices are still very good compared to other places. I've ordered stuff from him before and I was extremely pleased with the quality.

I'm currently looking at the new 12 ga. speaker wire that has four wires in the case. It looks awesome. I could put my x-overs in the rear of the car and run that one line up to my components in the doors.

I'd have no reservations reccomending Knu products to anyone.

L.

Previous owner of a 99 Mystique V6 MTX Black Current owner of a 2004 Maxima SE MTX Silver Forsale: Yakima roof rack. Q-towers, bars, clips, locks. Good condition.
S
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
S
Good deal, thanks guys. I guess I won't be buying any wires, but I will keep Bill in mind if I ever upgrade or know someone that needs to. Thanks!

Rob T. 95 Ford Contour GL Zetec Engine Inherited from my dad, so no mods at all. One sweet ride though!

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard