Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Quit crying over spilled milk boy.

Unless the test is back to back runs (preferably at least 2 runs each) with the only thing changed being the exhaust any other speculation is just that.

Crush bends suck. The larger the pipe that is crushed the worse they suck too. That was my point. End of story.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Folks

Your choice of exhaust system that you choose is of your own. I am not here to push you to buying a CTA exhaust system or any particular system. Of course we are going to use our own system on our own vehciles before using any one elses. It's our own best interest. The discussion was of mandrel bent systems versus crush bent systems and whether crush bent systems would gain over stock mandrel bent systems. I don't recall the discussion being about the exact amount of hp gains. Whether it be 3 hp or 5 or 7 hp, etc, the fact remains that on both vehicles, the 2 1/2" crush bent systems gained power over the previous exhaust systems. Dyno runs are a funny creature, as even from run to run on the same day, within the same 1/2 hour, the values can vary and with no changes made between runs. The dyno runs are used as a guide to whether your mods are increasing power or decreasing power. Average out the numbers of the runs of a particular day and compare it to the newer runs, the fact remains that gains were seen with the install of the 2 1/2 crush bent system on both vehicles.

Everyone has an opinion, and that is their right, if you believe in mandrel, so be it. Some customers seek affordability and custom mandrel bending can be costly. If our exhaust shop had a mandrel bender, don't you think we would have them build our systems that way???

If the discussion is of the total gains of mandrel bent to crush bent system, of equal size, same mufflers, same tips, etc, then that is another chapter. No dispute there. I think you already know the conclusion.

On another note Run's 9 and 12, the same chip was used. It was reprogrammed for Run 9 but was unchanged for Run 12.

We have seen other tests from other local customers vehicles, with and without a UR crank pulley installed. The peak gains were minimal if not negligable, though the engine wind up was a heck of a lot quicker, so the UR pulley was considered a non change on our SE, as so stated, only change by Run 12. I suppose we should have been more specific in stating that minimal peak gain with addition of UR pulley.

Also, when using the dynojet viewer, depending on the comparison scale, time, speed or rpm, the actual values on the graph may vary.

Here is a more "accurate" depiction of the SE runs. No smoothing of the curves, numbers are SAE corrected.

Last edited by cawong11; 11/17/02 03:47 PM.
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
This is my last post on the subject. A good 2.5 crush bend can produce more power than a stock svt exhaust. Demonsvt posed the challenge of proof and it was met. I didn't force him to post the challenge. My current setup is almost as fast as his at $370 including the whole crush bent exhaust with glasspack,bullet muffler and crome tip. Also included is an intake from Bat.Crush bends can proving an easy cheap way to gain goof performance at an inexpensive price. That's it i"m done I'm never going to respond to this 2 threds again. I only wanted good debate on the subject.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Frankiehotdog:
This is my last post on the subject. A good 2.5 crush bend can produce more power than a stock svt exhaust. Demonsvt posed the challenge of proof and it was met. I didn't force him to post the challenge. My current setup is almost as fast as his at $370 including the whole crush bent exhaust with glasspack,bullet muffler and crome tip. Also included is an intake from Bat.Crush bends can proving an easy cheap way to gain goof performance at an inexpensive price. That's it i"m done I'm never going to respond to this 2 threds again. I only wanted good debate on the subject.

You said it best: goof performance!!!!

1998.5 CSVT #3617 K&N Custom Intake Custom 2 3/4 Magnaflow cat back Ram HD Power Grip Clutch Energy Suspension Inserts Bosch Platnium + Bf-Goodrich G-force radials "KDWS" Alpine deck CDA-7863 Boston mids More to come: Stock Sucks!!!!
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
If you want REAL times shutup and go to the track, dont use something you can plug into your cigarette lighter!!! Otherwise Im glad tou have a nice exhaust, now shutup about it.

98 contour SVT 03 focus SVT
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
If you want fair comparisons for stock vs. different exhaust...you should really test a STOCK vehicle. Any engine with chip/intake mods will respond much more favorably than an engine with the stock intake and computer programming. For an extreme, throw a turbo on your car with the stock exhaust and dyno it. Then throw on a better exhaust...you'll gain much more than 3-5 hp.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Frankiehotdog:
My current setup is almost as fast as his at $370 including the whole crush bent exhaust with glasspack,bullet muffler and crome tip.

Oh man please don't tell me you are quoting your G-tech guesstimator times. Get real! (VTMaxx anyone )

How about you get on a dyno and spin to rollers.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Are'nt there more things to consider than the exhaust when figuring speed? I would think so.

Later,,

Chris S.

99 Se,MTX,TS. Koni,Eibach,SVT Plastic,tunes,Opt Y-Pipe, Elky mesh, DMD, SVT BRAKING, Eo's, 95 Leather int.
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
[Oh man please don't tell me you are quoting your G-tech guesstimator times. Get real! (VTMaxx anyone )

How about you get on a dyno and spin to rollers] In your own profile you quote your times using a G-tech. Why are you saying I can't do the same. You posed a challenge and it was met. What kind of a man can't admit when he's wrong?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard