Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I know that someone out there has thought of or done a rear drum-to-disc brake conversion? I tried looking through the archives, but nothing about this topic?

Officer, I wasn't speeding. I was qualifying. 1998 Mystique Mods coming very soon.(Only had car about 9 months)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Hope it helps!

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Hey.. keep me informed !!

I already know a place that sells SVT rear disk brakes and they also have a 96 V6 rear disk brake.

I've seen the how-to... it well-done but I wanted some input from people that actually done the thing.

If u end up doing it let me know, ok ??

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
What input would you like? Its been about 6 months now since I have performed mine and its worked flawlessly. I was shocked at the difference in braking performance, as I wasn't expecting any to be honest it was more for looks.

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
so you done it, huh ??

get out of the cave !! I'vebeen looking for you !!

Serious now, did u do it urself or u had a garage do it for you ??

Is the how-to complete or u had any "surprises" ??

Is ur parking brakes working normal ??

Ciao

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I wrote the how-to, all surprises revelaed are explained in that. It wasn't bad at all. Buckshot and I did it in about 5 hours and that included a trip to the parts store twice after the double flaring tool busted Parking brake works like a champ. Down to the balancer they are the same for drum or disc, so once you have a parking brake cable for a disc set-up just swap them out. Easy peasy. Were lucky because Ford used little reducer valves in the back instead of using a different design master cylinder, remove the reducer valve and boom you have 4 wheel discs with the proper amount of balancing.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard