Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Yet another installment in the ongoing soap opera of installing my Ground Contol Coilovers.... I have a set for Konis and am trying to install them on the stock struts until I can afford the Konis and was told that this was possible. I put the fronts on with ease last thursday and today i took apart the rear to put them on the back and encountered a BIG PROBLEM The adjustable collar (red cylander) that goes around the strut simply will not go on !! I thought about just beating them on with a mallot but then when I get the Konis I would never get them off... Please, if there is a way to fix it I would appreciate some help. Sorry bout the ultra long post.

Totalled 99 SE Sport 03 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T APR DPP 93 Octane chip
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Ouch!!!!

I had this same problem happen when I installed them on Pascal's SVT last year... The sleeve is the wrong size...its actually a bit too small. You'll have to contact them and have them send you a new sleeve. That's about all you can do....short of honing out the sleeve and shaving the strut body and making it fit...(we actually did that too, out of necessity to get the car mobile until the new sleeve came in...)

-Jeff -"Buck Futter!!" My Ride! http://members.sounddomain.com/sideoftheroad
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Will Ground Control take it back no matter what condition it is in? it has gotten kinda scratched up in the process of trying to hit it on.

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
How tight is the red cylinder? If it's not too tight, maybe you could try some vegetable oil...

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
It was really tight, on the drivers side I was able to hammer it about 3/4 the way on with liberal WD40, and on the passenger side it only went on about an inch then it stopped moving at all.... The problem is that if I force them on any more I am afraid I will never get them off when i get Konis sometime next year (college budget). I am honestly afraid that I wont be able to get the drivers side off at all when I try tomorrow...

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard